Minor, yet important bug in 2.85

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

raindog

Amnesiac
Jan 14, 2001
Minor as in it does not affect the gameplay in any way, yet important in that it does affect the look of the game.

On the modles, when you are looking at them from different angles, the guns seem to "float" on top of the skin. Here are some sceens of wh at i mean:

example1.gif

example2.gif

This is just happening to me, I don't know about anybody else. I am on a macintosh, and I know I installed everything correctly.

Of course, this problem is purely cosmetic, so its nothing to worry about really. :) µ

<CENTER>
raindog.gif

</CENTER>›

N

ninjin

Hey, same here

I don't know but ever since i played UT without Inf. (that was 2 years ago) i noticed that weapons "floated". Maybe it can't be fixed. Maybe its just me, but i've always wondered

Tally Ho!

Spectator

Jan 1, 2001
HEck, I see that all the time. I would guess that it's the Unreal Engine's fault. Also, on some UT maps while playing UT, can see parts of things (like weapons, ammo, health, etc.) "sticking out" of the wall.

Spectator

raindog

Amnesiac
Jan 14, 2001
Very, very, very odd.

I just upped my graphics settings a bunch, to maxed out now, and for some reason that fixed this problem ,and I'm even running a bit smother! :rolleyes:

Oh well, very strange indeed.

<CENTER>
raindog.gif

</CENTER>›

HanD_of_DarKNesS

Evil Bastard
May 23, 2000
Ottawa, ON (Canada)
I have this same problem on my PowerMac G4, which is running in Rave mode on a Radeon 32 MB DDR. I noticed when taking pictures for my website while looking in the mirror in the Firing Range washroom..

page

Assistant Coordinator,
Contributing Editor &
Graphic Artist
<A HREF="http://www.rlgaming.com" TARGET=_blank>REAL
LIFE GAMING (RLG)</A>

Zundfolge

Dec 13, 1999
USA
A friend of mine had an ATI Rage3d in his Gateway PC and he had the same problem. Yanked it out and stuffed in a Voodoo3 3000 and no more problem. Maybe it's an ATI problem (wouldn't surprise me, ATI is another way to spell ****)

:)

<center>
ZundSig4.gif
</center>