Someone explain the voice-com to me please.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

B

Bee
Sep 6, 2000
Bussum, NL
www.zdclan.nl
Ok I'm lost, how do I set this up?

I've installed the demo, I plug in my headphone/mic, I set a key to active voice ingame, I start a match, press the key, gamesounds go down, and nothing happens. :(
When I manually enable the mic (in the windows options) the mic is always on, and not responding to the key ingame.

What do I miss / am I doing wrong?

Edit: I'm trying this on a W2K machine.

TWD

Cute and Cuddly
Aug 2, 2000
Salt Lake City UT
members.lycos.co.uk
YOu shouldn't have to do anything in windows. When you talk all the sound should go down and you should see a little bar in the upper right showing that you are talking. If you have all the settings ingame on then I have no clue why it won't work. Make sure you are in a channel like the public channel, and make sure that you are on a server that has vc enabled.

B

Bee
Sep 6, 2000
Bussum, NL
www.zdclan.nl
I'm pretty sure I have all the settings ingame. I looked at the settings in windows after the ingame settings didn't work, I've put em back to default (in Windows) since changing them didn't solve anything.
I've heard/read somewhere that I might need some voice pack for W2K? XP supposidly allready has that installed.. Do I need that? and if so what is it?

TWD

Cute and Cuddly
Aug 2, 2000
Salt Lake City UT
members.lycos.co.uk
That's if you want the stuff where it reads the text to you and the bots recognize your voice.

Explain your sound setup. Do you have a USB mic or is it just 1 soundcard with a mic attached into it?

B

Bee
Sep 6, 2000
Bussum, NL
www.zdclan.nl
ah ok, I don't want that, I just want to talk. :)

I've got a "normal" microphone, not USB, it plugs into my Soundblaster Live! 5.1.
The mic works in Windows. Once I hit the assigned key ingame, the gamesounds go down, but I don't see any bar showing me talking.

B

Bee
Sep 6, 2000
Bussum, NL
www.zdclan.nl
Scumgrief said:
Did you join one of the channels? Look in your contols config to see the keybinds for Team, Public, and Local channels. Hit one of those (Team, most likely) and then try your mic activation bind.
\

Doesn't it automaticly join a public channel? Not sure I'll try that tonight. Tnx :)

Renegade Retard

Defender of the newbie
Dec 18, 2002
TX
Visit site
Public - anyone in the game can hear you

Team - only your teammates can hear you

Local - only those players who are in close proximity to you can hear you

RegularX

Master of Dagoth Lies
Feb 2, 2000
Chicago, IL
I thought this thread would be "explain the point of voice" to me, because I'm not really seeing one for the current game setups.