UT3 DM-PressureII

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

_Lynx

Strategic Military Services
Staff member
Dec 5, 2003
Moscow, Russia
beyondunreal.com
Name: DM-PressureII
Version: Alpha
Compatibility: UT3
Description: A remake of a classic map.
Comments:
This is a beta release. That means, that no major changes, like geometry being completely remade, will be done to the map. Right now I'm satisfied with the map from the gameplay/movement point, but I'd like to test it out to see if I'm right. Then will be the turn of the deco stuff and proper lighting, however I'd like to hear if some of the parts of the map should be darker or lighter.

Approximate changelist:

* fixed the problem with lifts getting broken when bots stuck on them
* made getting out of the water easier, though not as easy as I'd want it to (I guess that's a common problem here, remember the new Deck)
* trap is now working, though AI doesn't know yet how to trigger it. Also, no depressurization effect yeat - that will need coding and for now I have pretty much no I idea how to do the required effects (inflating+fov change)
* pretty much complete botpathing. I pretty much remember all the tricks players did and made sure the bots do the same. At least they can reach every pickup on the map. High-level bots will grab the sniper rifle.

movers sounds are not fixed yet - I know how to do that, but forgot about them. Also no bells and whistles in that one, so it's deadly silent and has no emitters. Lighting is WIP just as the deco.

Screenshots:
Note, the screens are of older build. Haven't taken any new yet and won't likely to do it now. May be later.
screenshot00076fe6.jpg

screenshot00077ks4.jpg

screenshot00075ly2.jpg

Credits: Juan Pancho ' XceptOne ' Eekels for the original level, Hourences for the useful tutorials and water textures.
Download: http://files.filefront.com/DM+PressureII+beta2rar/;10060085;/fileinfo.html

Once again, your feedback is highly appreciated.

Al

Reaper
Jun 21, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
That looks awesome!

[edit] And plays awesome too! One thing. In the original, weren't you able to close the door to the pressure chamber by shooting it too?

Last edited:

Defeat

GET EM WITH THE BACKSMACK WOOOOO
Apr 2, 2005
Illinois
www.google.com
Yes, if you shot the buttons they would close the door.

Lynx, not really a map thing but when you pack the map you should add another folder after Custom maps named DM-PressureIIbeta2 or whatever the map name might be, it makes the map folder much cleaner ;p

Vaskadar

It's time I look back from outer space
Feb 12, 2008
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Good work, this is actually one of the few maps I remember from the first Unreal Tournament. The only thing I would suggest is that you give it a red PP volume inside the pressure room, activated by the switch.

_Lynx

Strategic Military Services
Staff member
Dec 5, 2003
Moscow, Russia
beyondunreal.com
I decided to wait for the release of UX.Loki's GOW-mappack for UT3, cuase it should have at least one good industrail set fitting Pressure. Also, I've contacted the guys who made Ripper Lite and it will be used in the map.

LtClifff

Feb 26, 2008
As was the origional morpheus and face. The amounts of knock offs have spoilt those for me now. DO THIS MAP PROUD!!!