Servers playing the game

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

geogob

Koohii o nomimasu ka?
Hey! nice to see you here :)

Yes a few servers are still around. Not many though.
Officially, I don't think much developement is still going on. Only the modteam is still releasing new goodies. As lead coder for the team now, I'm pushing for monthly releases (or as frequent as possible) releases to keep the community alive. By the end of next week, we should have a WeaponPack 1.4 released.

Once again, community involvement is keeping the game alive until sentrystudios give's us something new. Like the good ol' RAv2 days. Well, it's not really the same... but INF is still the best modern/realistic FPS game out there IMO for a 7 year old engine, that is really something amazing. Nothing fancy like some recent big titles... but still better on a lot of aspects.

It's just too bad we didn't get the EAS mapping frenzy sentry studios originally hoped for.

Lemon.fr

SkaarjFruit
Oct 28, 2003
France, Cannes
Visit site
geogob said:
Officially, I don't think much developement is still going on. Only the modteam is still releasing new goodies.

I disagree, we still have few mappers and coders that release interesting things :)

-Me working on a special loadout editor.
-Lethal Dosage released ACB v5 and works on another map.
-Conglomera works on a big mutator
-Crowze on TeamSpeakSync
-And maybe more i didn't notice

Edit:

We need more players than servers (most are empty), so join us Buddy Pickle :)

Last edited:

geogob

Koohii o nomimasu ka?
Ok. by officially i meant "sentry studios". And I should have said Only the modteam and other 3rd party developpers are still releasing stuff. sorry.

Nevertheless, even with your list, I would say not much is going on.

1 mapper. 2 or 3 game coders. one sound artist. 1 external utility coder. really not much going on.

AlmostAlive

Jun 12, 2001
Norway
Visit site
Heya BP, nice to see you are still alive.

To answer your questions, there are still servers running the game, allthough the amount of players are not what it used to be. As for the project, if you by project mean INF for the old UT, it is dead as far as "official" development goes. There are however, as this thread shows, thankfully still people around to keep it going. The future is most uncertain, but hopefully the team will regroup when/if a useable engine arrives with which the team can do what it wants to do. Or in other words, shape into what it wants the next release to be. UT2007 might be a candidate. Right now there are more questions than answers tho'.