bulk values tweaked in 2.87?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

wrdaniel

Aug 30, 2001
are the bulk values tweaked in 2.87? how are they generated?

m16 --> 8 bulk at ~3,6kg
robar --> 11 bulk with ~12kg

3 times heavier and longer and only 3 bulk more?

also the AR all have 8 Bulk. Is Bulk only about wight or also about length of weapon?

2.87 has a tweaked bulkSystem. Are the BulkValues also tweaked?

Hadmar

Queen Bitch of the Universe
Jan 29, 2001
Nerdpole
Yes bulk is weight and size combined and it's effect is tweaked in 2.87. Dunno about the actual values though.

bastardb

Dec 11, 2001
canada
Visit site
its most likely weight... length... size... awkwardness.... how hard it is to sling ... how hard it is to get it through brushes and shrubbery etc....

thers no reason for it to just be based on weight and size... cause thers tons of factors im sure they simulate most of them with awkwardness etc

doenst matter how fast you can run... if you got a 30 foot pole on your back your not that coordinated

hmm i hope to god the 40mm nades are tweaked... only being able to carry 3 max??? and they have SO much bulk

i think if you carry like a launcher... 10 nades a de and some amo for it you certainly shouldnt be more "troubled" then someone with a regular assualt rifle

bastardb

Dec 11, 2001
canada
Visit site
ya so far there hasnt been anything BAD about ra in my opinion.. cept when it replaces robar with psg?? what the hell was that about? also when it used to STOP you from running... instead of auto hip
man i wanted to shoot yurch in the left toe with my american baught gun for that

peachz

BANNED
Sep 7, 2001
Mmmm... zen....
Thought yurch made that clear in the server info? Robar can only have a sidearm w/ it (meaning pistol and/or HK69). No AR+Robar loadout. No, you can run, it just hips you.

Yes, Ghost, I know this. :D

Last edited:

wrdaniel

Aug 30, 2001
its most likely weight... length... size... awkwardness.... how hard it is to sling ... how hard it is to get it through brushes and shrubbery etc....

thers no reason for it to just be based on weight and size... cause thers tons of factors im sure they simulate most of them with awkwardness etc

so why has robar only 11 bulk ??? if you take only the weight it should be like this

m16 ~7 bulk
minimi ~14 bulk
robar ~24 bulk

and if you take size, etc. too, it would not get better for robar .

wrdaniel

Aug 30, 2001
it will stop, if the system is right. the more bulk, the more disadvantages. more then in RA2.

why do they tune the bulkSystem, if the bulkvalues are wrong?

a slot system would be a good addition, but a robar is three times heavier then m16 and that should be in game with all its disadvatages. its not only that they take 3+ weapons. only with robar and m9, you cant really sprint with a robar on your back, etc. and that can't be solved by a slotSystem.

bastardb

Dec 11, 2001
canada
Visit site
hmm i still think the 249 should be more "bulk" then robar
but yes robar should still be alot more then an smg

that 249 looks like it has some weird knobs and stuff sticking out.. meaning its not something you can sling on your back... youd have to drop it to use a pistol or something im sure

ah man its gonna be so funny when the rushers try to take realisitc loads JUST so they can run faster

[121st]Burton

full-auto SIG abuser
Feb 7, 2000
M249: 6.5 kg and about 1 m long
Robar:12 kg and about 1.2 m long (not shure about the exact lenght)

Theres no reason why the SAW should have more bulk than the Robar...

bastardb

Dec 11, 2001
canada
Visit site
ok i swear the handles... and sightes etc looks mightly.... extending from that gun... and if you sling it on your back it will be sticking into you and you couldnt move very easily i swear...
but wo that robar is a heavy bitch

FiringAimlessly

NOT going to waste another minute on CS!
Sep 18, 2001
A restriction I don't think anyone's brought up as far as this:

How on earth could you run (or at least sprint) with a long rifle slung across your back and both hands on another weapon so you can't hold it behind you to keep it from banging against stuff?
(i.e., remove sprint entirely if you're carrying anything at least the size of an M16 on your back and are holding a two-handed weapon)

[121st]Burton

full-auto SIG abuser
Feb 7, 2000
These were unloaded weights, but I see your point.

SAW loaded: 6.5 kg + about 3.5 kg = 10 kg
Robar loaded: 12 kg + max. 0.5 kg = 12.5 kg

I forgot, that the ammo-box of the SAW is quite heavy.

I do understand, that the SAW will hurt when you have slung it on your back, but the Robar will hit your head when your are running, too.

Sprinting with either weapon on the back should just drain your health ;)

wrdaniel

Aug 30, 2001
nice idea, no sprinting with a big weapon on back. maybe you can fix it on your back, but it takes more time (for the bigger maps in U2).

is it possible in RL to put a m249 with full box on your back, or is there a prob with the ammo, etc?

Is that the unloaded or unloaded weights?

YES :D