Beppos zoom-while-aiming mutator

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

-Freshmeat

Eternally noob
Dec 4, 2003
Denmark
Visit site
Beppo said:
Ok, I made a CoD aim view mutator last night that affects all weapons (even P90 and MP5+Aimpoint) but not the scopes and ACOGs. It 'zooms in' at the time you aim your weapon and 'zooms out' when you lower it again. Nice effect and all but the general feel of firing aimed is way different than the original aim view now of course. I will let it run thru our team and beta guys to check out if they like this or not.
... sorry if some consider this hijacking...
<snip screenshots>

Did this got scrapped? And if so, can I have the garbage for offline play?

-Freshmeat

Beppo

Infiltration Lead-Programmer
Jul 29, 1999
Aachen, Germany
infiltration.sentrystudios.net
well I planned to reduce the effect to the breath control only but haven't found the time to add it as an as simple as possible mutator yet (means without replacing the current weapons on the fly cause this 'collides' with other model-exchanger-mutators out there.
Cause I disliked the effect being forced even for standard aiming I had not much that drove me to finish it. When I get some time within the next days then I will check it out again.

@DarkBls - yes, but with the cost of FOV of course. Check out the screenshots that can be found in the TrueScale thread showing the AimView in (beta)action.

DarkBls

Inf Ex-admin
Mar 5, 2000
France
I love you !! It seem to be exactly want I wanted!

Note to admin out there: Install Aimview NOW !

Last edited:

FieldMedic

Less good UT Player ever
Aug 30, 2001
Wait a minute.
AimView is released ?
I cant see a link anywhere actually, as i thought reading Beppo words that it was always on the work.

If there is a link , i will be glad to download it.

DarkBls

Inf Ex-admin
Mar 5, 2000
France
Yes ok It is a bit too early. But so admins do it ASAP ;)
IMHO the major flaw of the current inf is what this mutator fix. IRL you can have your eye closer to the sight. So everything which make infiltration better (better for me is more real) is good !

My infinite congratulation Beppo (For everything, i.e INF and all)

edit: I hope we will be able to choose if we want to be closer for a weapon or not. A key binded for exemple. Because beeing closer with a famas make it more practical for CQB and the opposite for P90

Last edited:

yurch

Swinging the clue-by-four
May 21, 2001
USA, Maryland.
Visit site
DarkBls said:
Yes ok It is a bit too early. But so admins do it ASAP ;)
IMHO the major flaw of the current inf is what this mutator fix. IRL you can have your eye closer to the sight. So everything which make infiltration better (better for me is more real) is good !

My infinite congratulation Beppo (For everything, i.e INF and all)

edit: I hope we will be able to choose if we want to be closer for a weapon or not. A key binded for exemple. Because beeing closer with a famas make it more practical for CQB and the opposite for P90
It doesn't make the sight closer, it zooms the entire view in.
Something tells me that won't be better for CQB.

Vega-don

arreté pour detention de tomate prohibée
Mar 17, 2003
Paris suburbs
Visit site
CQB with famas is easy now that im used to the HIP..

the problem is the distance between the utility of the hip and the utility of the sights , especialy when moving between 10 and 30 meters

and the color of the gun for nights maps aiming (but that can be my screen which is ****ed)

and a zoom : not better for CQB. but that can help alot for the Famas when you have to control a zone and the gun blocks the view , so you have to move the gun left and right (mostly when prone) (exemple northern alley for defenders in irak )

Vega-don

arreté pour detention de tomate prohibée
Mar 17, 2003
Paris suburbs
Visit site
if it was closer ingame you would have a big black thing that hides the view so aiming for CQB would be harder.

IRL the famas i easier because you have two eyes.so you want to aim , close one eye. you want CQB action , aim with the 2eyes open so the black thing doesnt block you view.

i dont know what can be done in game to improve that :(

Beppo

Jul 29, 1999
Aachen, Germany
again, the FOV shift while aimed in general is more or less crap cause it reduces your field of view drastically and you completely loose the overview of a bigger scene. Just check out the screenies in the TrueScale thread and it will give you a slight impression about it. So I will only add it to the controlled breathing... something not that much needed for iron sights normally (besides your stamina is really low). So it might be a good addition then.

Beppo

Jul 29, 1999
Aachen, Germany
And here it is... the AimView mutator...

While aimed and holding your AltFire button/key the view will zoom in on your sights. This view remains even while moving or leaning.
If you hit the Fire button/key, switch back to hip, reload or switch to another weapon then the zooming will stop.

You can setup new zoom values within the ini file manually and even directly within the game by using a set command. Simply test it out offline and then use the following on the commandline

set av_item 0.5 true

to set the zoom to use 50% of the standard FOV instead of the default value of 75% (0.75). This will be saved directly after entering this string. To bring it back to default use "set av_item 0.75 true" of course. Configure it as you wish this way.

Attachments

• AimView.zip
    3.7 KB · Views: 80

FieldMedic

Less good UT Player ever
Aug 30, 2001
Thanks a lot Beppo

I will try this mutator tomorrow and think i will have great fun with it.

LongJohn

FOOL of Duty
Mar 13, 2001
/dev/null
www.f-o-o-l.de
I think that AimView should not work while jogging / running and not immediately after pressing the the AltFire Button. To simulate some needed concentration the time needed for the zooming effect should correspond to the hold breath time with ACOGs - IMO :)