ClassicMoves 104 Released

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Sparky

Retired Administrator
Dec 6, 1999
Australia
www.beyondunreal.com
Sparky, (Hey, that's me! Weird) with the aid of RaptoR's coding skills has released version 104 of Classic Moves. Classic Moves transforms the current build of Unreal Tournament 2003 into Digital Extremes early build of the game, does it play better? You'll just have to download it and find out for yourselves:

Gameplay:

- Pawn (character) speed reduced.
- Pawn movement speeds altered.
- Eyeheight improved.
- Player model scale improved(larger, but doesn't cause any problems, eg on Curse3)
- Green death ghost, removed... yay for that!
- Rocket Launcher model/ammo changed to original yellow as seen in the nvidia intro (also featured in the DE build).

Sounds:

- Flak primary changed.
- Minigun primary/alt changed.
- Shock primary changed.

Changes from 103 to 104:

- Made weapon models larger to compensate for larger player models.
- Changed ragdoll time to 30 seconds.
- Given BioRifle a unique SwitchTo sound (WeaponSounds.SwitchToBioRifle).

You can head over to Sparky's site (My site) for the all important download.

DialAJunk

fl;ksisj
May 1, 2000
Denver, CO
Sweet Sparky!
I haven't tried it yet but it sounds like something I want. (The old DE version looked a lot better)

Keep working on it, and see if you can get the old Ion Painter explosion in there too!

Last edited:

DialAJunk

fl;ksisj
May 1, 2000
Denver, CO
Ok, i just played a couple matches with your mutator.

Man this is great! Everything you did is much better than how it is in the retail version. dodging jumping felt slightly "floaty" at first, but I quickly adjusted with a minute or two.

One thing I noticed, is that I was actually able to get headshots on Gorge by hitting him in the head now. In the retail you have to hit above his head to get a headshot. I think Epic change player sized, but left the hitboxes the same?? So now that you have increased the models' size, everything is working perfectly.

The sounds are great (much more fitting and effective), and the yellow RL is refreshing.

I have two requests:

1) The Mini secondary fire has the same exact sound as the primary fire. You should slow it down so it fits better with the slower rate of fire.

2) Can you make bodies and gibs "fade" out, instead of "pop" out? It looks a bit clunky the way it is. Also, maybe you should make them stay for about 2 seconds longer.

That is all.
Thanks to everyone involved with this mutator.
I hope Epic makes some of these changes for UT2004... (yeah right)

Last edited:

Thrawn70

Hang-around
Jun 11, 2002
Unknown Regions
Visit site
Hate to rain on your parade, but they most likely wont. If they want to be used for the CPL or be accepted by the competitive community, they can't keep switching core elements of the game, or people will become frustrated with the readjustment it takes.