MAPPERS WANTED

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

quitgrin1

Demon Like
Jul 31, 2000
Nowhere
www.geocities.com
Hi, GringoLoco talking here.
The "ROMAN WARFARE" project is need of some mappers. You have to have at least an average experience with UnrealED (prefereably UnrealED 2). You´ll need to make some really good medievil-themed maps. If you are interested, mail me at
quitgrin1@hotmail.com

benefits of joining the team:
1) you´ll gain lots of experience
2) satisfaction of doing something good (duh)

Forgot about the mod specs. Here they go:

Roman (or Medievil) Warfare is a UT multiplayer mod about (you guessed it) ancient warfare. Tired of using rocketlaunchers or plasma rifles? Then Roman Warfare is your answer. The mod will feature ancient weapons (like swords, battle axes, spears,crossbows, etc.) The levels will be mainly team.deathmatch like, one team fighting the other for control over something. You´ll be able to invade a castle, destroy a bridge, etc., but with the face-to-face action of the Middle-Ages.

An example: just watch the movie "Gladiator" or "Brave Heart" to get an idea about this mod.

Well that´s it. Please mail me. Thanks
GringoLoco

[Edited by quitgrin1 on December 25th, 2000 at 09:31 PM]

[NK]Kill_Joy

Sep 16, 2000
Evansville,IN
www.angelfire.com
Alright, I'm am pretty experianced using UEd, I'm working on SW-TheRock for Tactical Ops so im fairly good, but thats not why I'm posting. You people should give this dude support, if it wasnt for him and people like him sweetass MODs like Tac Ops and Strike Force would not be out, so give him LOTS of support! Okay, I'd like to ask the first question. Are you a coder? How many people are on the team right now? Do you have any coders, modelers, and mappers? How far is the MOD, and if so can we get some screenies soon? GOOD LUCK!

quitgrin1

Demon Like
Jul 31, 2000
Nowhere
www.geocities.com
Thanks for the support Kill_Joy.

Now for answering your questions:

I´m not a coder. I´m a mapper. Lead Mapper as a matter of fact :)

As far as I know, there are 2 mappers, 1 modeller, and a coder. The coder guy (Mike) is making the website. So expect it to be finished soon (if not this week).

The only screens I have are of some weapons. You´ll get the chance to see them when the website is up.

I would say the mod is 5% complete (lots of coding, modelling and mapping is still left). That´s why were asking
for help here.

[NK]Kill_Joy

Sep 16, 2000
Evansville,IN
www.angelfire.com
WOW quitgrin1, Looks like youve got yourself a mapper with tallent! I checked your page collins. Its nice, got some quality maps in there, also saw the contest, never made a small arena map before, actualy never made an arena map before. But I will have a stab at it. When I saw there was no deadline in the contest section I though "YEAH!" Then I saw the front page and realized I only have 12 days left! So tomorrow I will start mapping and wont stop untill the next day!!!!!

rmcollins3

AKA "Doublez-Down"
Thanks for the props. I get frustrated mapping sometimes, and it's good to hear some feedback sometimes. The contest was actually supposed to end at the end of November, but the other guy that I run the website with is busy with school, and I'm currently in flight school, so we haven't really judged any yet. If you like, go ahead and make a submission and send it to me or Rory and we'll get it in.