A really good player need a really good clan

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Domino888

Jul 31, 2000
Rochester,NY
Visit site
Hi,all:
I am a really good player,living in upstate New York,
a bit more on defending, CTF mode,favorite on facing world.
I am always hanging on the interlink server, or on killhouse, if you come at night, you may often see me there.

I am looking for a good clan to join, it should be a compact sized clan, which can arrange playing together and
participating matches.

Kaz

Godlike Drunken Spammer
Jun 21, 2000
California
If you want to get noticed...try playing on the roost...that is where all of us play. There are set times that just a bunch of us decide to jump on the roost so you may find it empty or full but try to play there a few times. If your a cool dude and have some skills then you are likely to be picked up real quick.

Kaz

Morety

The Farterator
Feb 23, 2000
Toronto
www.legionoflions.com
Morety's scouting report

http://ut.ngworldstats.com/fcgi-bin/Display?gt=UT&gm=ctf&uid=842251&page=m&view=p

As he said, he likes Face. About 80% of his games are played there. He favours the rocket launcher. This is followed by the quick pickups known as the sniper rifle and the ripper. I find it surprising that a defending Face-ho (no offence, seriously) was so light on the shock rifle.

Domino888, if you're looking to join a clan, you'll definitely have to get into maps other than Face. Also, I get the feeling that most clans are looking for people who can play offence, moreso than defence. That's just my opinion based on what I've seen.

Like it says, go to the Roost. When you're on irc, go into #planetunreal for a visit or two. That's a big hangout for most of the people who post in this forum.

I_B_Bangin

habitual line stepper
Aug 6, 2000
Boston, MA
You BETTER be good if you try to play on the Roost. I've never told anyone online that I was good, I would rather have them decide if I'm good or not rather than blow smoke up my own butt. However, I did have a personal feeling that I was good, until I tried to play on the Roost and I got knocked all over God's green earth with that shock rifle. I hate that thing, and to top it off they waved at me while doing the combo. So if you are good. Get off of Face and play some offense.

hobart_paving

May 30, 2000
Visit site
i'm a face ho. and when i defend(granted i'm usually on offense) i use mainly rockets. so i can't put up the shock wall that ineffectual can, but everyone has a different playing style, right? :)

Troll|PuF

Poetic Terrorist
May 2, 2000
Temporary Autonomous Zone
Originally posted by I_B_Bangin'
You BETTER be good if you try to play on the Roost. I've never told anyone online that I was good, I would rather have them decide if I'm good or not rather than blow smoke up my own butt. However, I did have a personal feeling that I was good, until I tried to play on the Roost and I got knocked all over God's green earth with that shock rifle. I hate that thing, and to top it off they waved at me while doing the combo. So if you are good. Get off of Face and play some offense.

Sounds exactly like my first time on the Roost. I was a DMer before coming to PuF, and had only played Face, and even that I hadn't played very many times. So I found the channel, some folks invited me on the Roost , and I stood there in confusion while they all whipped out their xlocators, whizzing over the place ( I didn't even know what the xlocator DID), shock combo'ing me, and YES....the wave. Nothing like getting owned while someone waves at you. The PuF wave is like a Universal trademark. ;)

I_B_Bangin

habitual line stepper
Aug 6, 2000
Boston, MA
I know that I've read about people setting up their character to wave while shooting. Could someone explain it to me. While it was annoying that I was getting combo'd like that it was a bit amusing to see someone waving at me.

No Soup For You

I got your PM right HERE!
I_B_Bangin' - taunt wave

Cleaner's site has many answers for these questions.

http://www.unreality.org/cleaned/

I haven't yet been honored with a PuF salute but I'm guessing that they bind the wave taunt to their secondary fire - with ASMD that lets the PuFer wave when launching the blue ball and then you're dead when they hit it with primary fire. If they bind the wave to primary fire I don't think you would have time to appreciate PuF hospitality before being splattered.

You can do the bind by editing your user.ini file or through preferences in the game.

I think it would look something like this in your user.ini (assuming that you use right mouse button for AltFire)

RightMouse=AltFire | onrelease Taunt Wave

Ultron

Robot XMP Beta Tester
Mar 6, 2000
Secret Hideout
clans.utworld.net
Re: I_B_Bangin' - taunt wave

Yes I have my primary fire bound to Wave when I release the button, and secondary fire is bound to Thrust when I release that button. If you're moving it really doesn't show. But if you stand in place then it's obvious. Really ticks some people off. Ticked me off the first time I saw it, but I realized it was a bind then.

Another thing, every once in awhile I get a wild hair and don't use my clan name and switch to a nondescript alias. I've actually been propositioned to join clans because I didn't use my clansign. Kinda funny. But I like playing under another alias sometimes so that I don't get singled out for being a clan member. I had two hosers from the [FAG] clan call me out and make fun of my clan while tearing up my team on a public server. I was amazed at how people who didn't know me spent all their time making fun of me because I was in a clan. :)

Domino888

Jul 31, 2000
Rochester,NY
Visit site
I went to the roost, not pissed:)

I did go to the roost and played for some while,
and watched others playing,I found guys there are
no better than I am:).The only thing is that they
be more familiar to the maps than I am, I don't play
all maps,because I don't think they deserve my time,
for face, it is a good map,very banlanced, you don't need
spending time finding the way out, so it is more suitable
for team coop.
Thanks for all your advices.
Anyway, I will try on other maps.

Kaz

Godlike Drunken Spammer
Jun 21, 2000
California
LOL...just because you tried the roost for one night on maybe a few maps means nothing. We DIDN'T say ALL players who go there are l33t...just that sometimes there are. I suggest you go there more often and see some of the other players that join. Believe me...there will be people on that server that will give you a humbling experience. You MUST be open to all maps if you wish to join a clan here domino...otherwise you will have to find a face only clan and to my knowledge...there are none in PuF :D

Kaz