Walkthroughs for Operation Na Pali levels?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

curtis

Jul 18, 2003
levels

NeoNite said:
I think you ment saying the mercenary base instead of assasins. And maybe you were in the one you have to explore, with or without the help from the mercs...) You know, after the short Skaarj/Merc fight scene...

Thing is you don't really need a walkthrough, just keep your eyes open and explore the world around you :cool:

Great point NeoNite,
I was really just trying to make sure I didn't miss anything.
I have not had any trouble getting through stuff (I may restart at a more difficult setting).

Maybe I was just tired last night, but I have gotten turned around in the ancient volcano ruined temple (map 17ish). With all the overgrown courtyards, rubble and wooden plank walkways, I seem to be going in circles and can't get back to my Nali friend who is now following me around.
I probably just need to approach it with fresh eyes.

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
Well some ONP maps can feel a bit complicated the first time I know...
But what I was trying to say is that you really should save a walkthrough in case you don't have any other options left. If you can't possibly find an exit etc...
But there's def a way out of that map. the wooden planks are the key to the next part of the level iirc...

curtis

Jul 18, 2003
NeoNite said:
Well some ONP maps can feel a bit complicated the first time I know...
But what I was trying to say is that you really should save a walkthrough in case you don't have any other options left. If you can't possibly find an exit etc...
But there's def a way out of that map. the wooden planks are the key to the next part of the level iirc...
\

Thanks, I'm sure it has something to do with the big round aztec seal at the very top where the planks end. I just have to figure it out.

curtis

Jul 18, 2003
OK, PressureRoom question.

Maybe I don't react under pressure too well, but I cannot find any cracked pipes to help me out of the pressure room before it squishes me.

The dead due at the beginning of that room says that he escaped out of a cracked pipe, but I cannot find it and get squashed everytime I try to nose around.

Any help?
Curtis

Nahand

!!! God Of Random !1?
Oct 24, 2003
PT
MAN!!! Are you sure you played ANY OTHER SP in life?????
I mean... walktroughs only get you the easy way. Meaning=no fun!

And you REALLY should had installed Oldschool. If you care, install it and RESTART ONP in HARD or UNREAL difficulty mode.

A good thing about Oldschool is that you can save with a menu. That's usefull because you MIGHT get some map trigger error. I know i had one in a NaPali Heaven-like level. Only thing that worth me was a previous SAVE. That or restart all over... I say this because it might be happening to you in that piperoom. That, or you're no good at SP ;p

So, really... do the right thing.

Last edited:

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
Try playing the game in coop mode. Very usefull for developping good map tactiques imho :O)

This doesn't work - this doesn't feel right -> second chance -> maybe I'll try this instead -> or that route etc...

DavidM

Designer
Oct 28, 1999
www.muenni.ch
we have a walkthru on the official forums......more like a FAQ on getting stuck

curtis are you sure you are using quicksave and quickload??

curtis

Jul 18, 2003
DavidM said:
we have a walkthru on the official forums......more like a FAQ on getting stuck

curtis are you sure you are using quicksave and quickload??

Yes, I have quicksaved to the door before the pressure room entrance.
I just can't find a way out of the pressure room..

desecrator

Mar 31, 2004
sorry for chipping in late.....

can anyone help me out with the vortex rikers ][ (map 31)????? i seem to be stuck in that place as no door is opening...

DavidM

Designer
Oct 28, 1999
www.muenni.ch
ya, indicator of how often I am on this forum
everytime i get a mail telling me someone replied on a thread where i replied 2 years ago

desecrator

Mar 31, 2004
DavidM said:
nobody can help if you dont tell the place :)

well...i reached the fvcked up computer where we get the msg that we have to find the other terminal...i've opened the armoury door & also the room where we get the enhanced ASMD rifle...and then well...i'm stuck...:D

DavidM

Designer
Oct 28, 1999
www.muenni.ch
from the room with the super-asmd, go back and always keep looking at the left wall, new room opened there, thats where the 2 skaarj came out right after you picked up the new weapon.

my design flaw there, most people don't see that rooming opening, and it's not their fault. as far as i know i even let light shine out of that corner when the room opens, but it didn't seem to help

desecrator

Mar 31, 2004
DavidM said:
from the room with the super-asmd, go back and always keep looking at the left wall, new room opened there, thats where the 2 skaarj came out right after you picked up the new weapon.

my design flaw there, most people don't see that rooming opening, and it's not their fault. as far as i know i even let light shine out of that corner when the room opens, but it didn't seem to help

cant find any door thats opening...if you're referring to the door inside the med room (where the health vials are lying), then yeah it opens but closes as soon as i'm about to enter into it...