Assassin's Creed 3

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Mozi

Zer0 as a number
Apr 12, 2002
In the Borderlands..
www.mozidesign.com
assassins-creed-3-box-art-released.jpg

Red coats are going to die! Discuss...

Jacks:Revenge

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
yup, this image here leaked a few days earlier...

accc_1330566813.jpg

which immediately whipped everyone into a frenzy about the idea that AC is finally coming to the States. and yes it looks like he'll be running around during the Revolutionary War period.

now we have to start taking bets about which city(ies) will be featured.
obviously there's Boston Mass and Philly PA, but there's also some less obvious and equally important cities that could be included as either the main or secondary locations.

SleepyHe4d

fap fap fap
Jan 20, 2008
He's going to take part in the Boston Tea Party! I call it!

Or maybe you are going to get to assassinate Lincoln...

I dunno, my history is rusty.

Who am I kidding? I never paid any attention to history.

Last edited:

shadow_dragon

is ironing his panties!
Looks awesome to me. Though I was rather hoping the next one would be set in China.
Looking very interesting, though the Revelations game made me think I'm a bit burnt out on Assassin's Creed at the moment.

I'm only halfway through Revelations at the moment but from what hear, Brotherhood and Revelations were developed on a yearly cycle by a different company whilst AC3 has been in development for 3 years.
I suspect, for better or worse, AC3 will yield a pretty different experience.

shadow_dragon

is ironing his panties!
I'm bored of Assassin's Creed already. Talk about oversaturation - there's something like ten games, and it's only been five years.
The next release is Assassins Creed 3...
Alright, to be fair, there has been 5 but... where'd you get 10 from?

Assassins Creed is the next Call of Duty. Keeping milking that cow Ubisoft.

CoD = Copy+paste FPS shooter
AC = Ongoing story with iteratively evolving gameplay...

It's only cow milking when it's a cow.
AC has been a different cow for mostly every release, possibly Revelations was a bit samey though the setting was fresh but AC1,AC2 and AC:B were all solid, feature heavy, progressive titles I believe and as said above, i'd expect AC3 to follow suit.
Though I don't know whether they should get too distracted by the multiplayer part, I know they won awards and stuff but I'm pretty sure it's not that popular.

Regardless though, I'm a gamer, as long as the game is good and the game is fun and I am an audience for it, I don't care if they're milking a cow or not. To be honest I don't even know why anyone cares if CoD gets milked or not, i've never bought a single one, the only thing I find annoying about it is how everyone bangs on about how annoying it is...

What bugs me about ubisoft though is this stupid Uplay thing. I earn points in game, to unlock stuff in the game, that i have to unlock on the web and download to use in-game... Leave it in the fucking game.
I never know if these additional things were originally intended to be part of the game and so are part of the intended experience but were lifted out for "piracy" reasons or whether it was just slapped in at the end to give you an advantage that might in fact tarnish the intended experience.

Last edited:

ambershee

Nimbusfish Rawks
Apr 18, 2006
Nomad
sheelabs.gamemod.net
The next release is Assassins Creed 3...
Alright, to be fair, there has been 5 but... where'd you get 10 from?

5 in the main series (1,2,Brotherhood,Revelations,3) and 3 spinoffs (Chronicles, Bloodlines, Discovery). That makes eight.

Not including facebook game or iOS game. That would make ten.

Last edited:

dragonfliet

I write stuffs
Apr 24, 2006
Wait, so if the protagonist in, what, 1480, had a hidden revolver, a flying device and drove a tank around, I figure that by the Revolutionary war he should be rocking an Apache helicopter and an RPG, right?

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
"There is that Assassin guy, I can see him from a mile away" *dead*

Zxanphorian

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 1, 2002
PA USA
Visit site
Wait, so if the protagonist in, what, 1480, had a hidden revolver, a flying device and drove a tank around, I figure that by the Revolutionary war he should be rocking an Apache helicopter and an RPG, right?

There'll be a lightning gun that Ben Franklin invented. Franklin will be the new Da Vinci.