Heavily Customizing Bots

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

mnb

Sep 30, 2000
Visit site
I've got the basics of customizing UT bots down, but I'm stuck trying to get something going.

What I've done is rename a bunch of bots after some of the, shall we say, less than popular executives at the company I work for. :)

I want all of those bots to only join one specific team in CTF. I edited the team setting for each bot in User.ini to 0 (red). However, when playing the game, the bots join either team. They tend to join red more, but not exclusively.

Of course, we want the morons in management to be on the OTHER team. No one would be caught DEAD with that COO on THEIR side! Any suggestions, URLs, magic runes, etc any of you might have that would help me out would do wonders for my stress management project in UT bot customization. :D

soyrico

Apr 2, 2000
Visit site
Hi,

I may be wrong, but I thought that if the "randomize" checkbox was clear you would get the same bots in order each time.

Thanks

Jim
bodkins@prologic.com

Krypton|BuF

Still g00 gun lovin' !
Sep 7, 1999
Switzerland
www.unrealtournament.ch
Simply un-check the "balance teams" checkbox.

What the "random order" box does is the following:

if you start a game with 5 bots, the first five bots will be used. (bot1, bot2.... bot5 in the bot configuration menu)

now check the random order box: and five bots will be selected randomly out of all your 32 bots (but only if you use the newer patches. original UT and older patches only randomly select out of the 16 first bots...)

mnb

Sep 30, 2000
Visit site
team colouring

unchecking balance teams seems to help somewhat on properly distributing the bots to the correct team, but it is still putting blue bots on the red team and vice versa.

It appears bot team designation is not functional. :(

Hetemti

Bargain Brand Being
Oct 7, 2000
Visit site
I tried setting up custom teams for the bots...didn't work.

So, I gave up and instead gave them all names of real and ficticious people, and skins, models, skill ratings, and voice packs to match. Knowing a bot is headed for a sniper rifle is one thing; knowing that if you don't get the heck out of there he'll spin around and cap you in the head because he has 100% on Alertness and Aiming is quite another. :D

Nemephosis

Earning my Infrequent Flier miles
Aug 10, 2000
Alls ya do is uncheck Balance Teams, and uncheck Random. Then set them all to Red, you on Blue, pick the number you wanna square off against and you're good to go. I'm always doing a 4-1 or 5-1 CTF game so I know what to do here. I have even tried 14 on 2 Team Last Man Standing (ask Mrukk, Soup_Wombat or Bishop_ASJ what that's like. It's great fun!) :D

BishopASJ

Before the "consoles", there was Atari
Aug 23, 2000
Buffalo, New York
Visit site
heh heh heh...14,000ping heh heh heh

It was a good time, 2 on 14, but I would have like a better ping. that's what I get for having cable and connecting to a 56ker...

Robo-Junkie

Ghost of Robo-Past
Apr 30, 2000
IN
geez.

Just go into the bots tab, click randomize bots, do the configure bots & set all the idiots on one team & then all of your bots on the other color. uncheck randomize bots, make sure you're on the right color & start the frickin' game! :D