Torchlight II

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
I'm interested in it. Torchlight is awesome. I just signed up for the beta, we'll see if I manage to get in.

I've been playing the beta for a week now and I must say I am really enjoying the changes.
So far, I've played the engineer, the berzerker and now am running with the outlander.

The beta is only chapter 1 and you can only get to level 21. They've released something like 7 or 8 patches squashing bugs so it looks to me like the game is going to be polished to a nice mirror sheen by the time it's released.

With a $20 price point, modding, multiplayer and almost zero drm you can't go wrong getting this gem.

Trynant

Manic Brawler
Jan 31, 2002
Quiet Island
trynant.wordpress.com
So yeah I finished the beta 15 minutes ago. What a blast. I'm not sure how well I can compare it to D3. I think both have their own strengths, but overall I think I'm going to love Torchlight 2 more.

Outlander is badass.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
I got done playing some Torchlight 2 Beta the other night. Really great fun, I enjoyed it a lot. It has a small amount of that Dungeon Siege 1 vibe. Really like that.

akstylish

Keyboard Crasha
Jan 22, 2008
There are lots of neat changes from T1 that I haven't noticed until I played beta. UI tweaks are really well done, there aren't tons of useless item drops, charge bar is very useful in combination with skills, and graphics aren't as cartoony as it looked in the videos.

10/10 as far as the beta went.

Balton

The Beast of Worship
Mar 6, 2001
Berlin
^finished the game twice alrteady. found it ~2months ago in a shop here for 20 €.