more

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

maniac12ca

May 2, 2002
Visit site
titans are slow as hell, in AOE monks are slow,but in AOE they had all units move as fast as the slowest one in the group,i think that may help when moving queens that are with titans.

i was thinking..this could go retail if you fixed a bit. im sure some company wants a RTS in this engine

im actually wondeirng about if your adidng fog of war
and the like, i dont htink it'll fit with this game seeign as its 3d. Yet if it worked twould be major cool.

This has been quickly copied and pasted from IRC.

maniac12ca

May 2, 2002
Visit site
more again:) (copied again)

if a player joins in a middle of a game the current players playing could vote wehter or not he would be allowe dot join, or sit there and watch

sound good?

maniac12ca

May 2, 2002
Visit site
Found something. Queens have a hard time going down yellow ramps in Nova. And if you place a turret or power generator(not sure of other buildings) on a ramp(in nova again) they slide down till they hit lvl ground or another building.

maniac12ca

May 2, 2002
Visit site
And maybe sounds for when a unit is complete? just so we know and arnt watching the side thingy,thats not a must tohugh,but would add IMHO. And a sound like*you are under attack* and (if there is a mini map) it would show on your map flashing red where you are being attacks,just so you dont keep checkign constatly to see if oyur under attack.

Last edited:

Doc Holiday

Jul 13, 2003
There are some more bugs (or ideas to make the game better):
* Units hardly move down a ramp
* Some tooltips over the buildings and units would be nice, so you know what you're building
* If in attack mode, it would be nice, that the crosshair becomes red

I have big display problems when im in 3d perspective. The buildings are cut, but when I look from above they are displayed normal, eventually increase the space between ground and building (i have a gf ti4200 with actual drivers, if you think it's a hardware problem).

Prophetus

Old Fart
Dec 4, 1999
...standing behind you...
Good feedbacks. All these ideas and suggestions have been considered in the past. Most, if not all, of the above suggestions will be incorporated. However, "Fog of War" may not be included...but I'd have to speak to the team about that idea.

Remember, we did all this on an aging engine, one that wasn't meant to work as an RTS engine. Krash and the team banged out some great custom codes to make this mod a reality. Yes, it does need a lot of work but given the limitations of the engine, some things were put on hold so the mod would be released to the public.

I know it is missing some great features and filled with bugs, but that is where you all come in and provide your suggestions and experiences. When we jump into the UT2003 and UT2004 engine, many things will be possible.

Thanks for your support and suggestions. We are not ignoring them, we are listening...even if we don't answer immediately.