U2:SE and XMP download - is there any difference?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Icer4

Mar 24, 2004
Canada
hello all
question i have is; is there any difference content-wise between having Unreal 2 and downloading the XMP or just buying the Special Edition?

if this has been posted before I couldn't find it, tho I'm not sure what to search to find a thread about this.
i have the chance to buy the original cheaper than the Special Edition but i wanted to check out if there'd be any actual difference. if not i'll gladly download the XMP and community bonus pack and save some money, as long as i'm getting the same deal, right?
i appreciate any info, thanks!

pistos

Mar 18, 2004
No difference as far as I know. I did the exact thing you are talking about doing. Got the original for cheap, and then just downloaded the XMP and CBP. Works great.

I enjoyed the single player, and think XMP is one of the best multiplayer ames I have ever played. Shame it is not more known and appreciated than it is.

Dragon_Myr

Mar 4, 2004
U2 = $20
U2SE = $30-$40

Both have/can get XMP and have U2. Atari is just ripping you off a bit with the SE.

-Myr

PF Prophet

Dec 9, 2003
a bit!!!!!!!!!!!!! they nolonger even keep the master server up stable for god sake (sorry but its a fact)

get the old version i know places i can get it for 9.99 dont give atari any more then that for XMP play since u can spend the extra$ and get eather allseeingeye fullver or gamespy payed acct and at least have a server list that works (kali would be decent to)

the contents the same and patching the download ver is easyer

oh and if u have any trobble with the cd check pm me and i will hook ya up with the "patch" for the installer :)

Icer4

Mar 24, 2004
Canada
thanks for the info!
at my local EB it's $19.99 for the original and $39.99 for SE, so I'm definetly getting the original (so what if the box is a bit banged up, eh? :rolleyes: :p ). this way i can just make a CD with the patch, bonuspack, and XMP all together, woot.

PRG

XMP Beta Tester
Nov 11, 2003
Visit site
I've heard in the USA, the original version is available for $7.00 at your local Target store.. That's gotta be the best bang for the buck in PC gaming

Saito

Banned
Dec 30, 2003
PRG said:
I've heard in the USA, the original version is available for $7.00 at your local Target store.. That's gotta be the best bang for the buck in PC gaming

cheaper actualy if you get it used ;)

Icer4

Mar 24, 2004
Canada
i just bought it tonight. now comes the downloading fun. :rolleyes:
unfortunately no Targets around here. that would be such a nice deal tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.