2001: a year to remember or a year to forget?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

THAT RABBIT'S DYNAMITE!

• Overall, 2001 was a year to remember

Votes: 12 66.7%
  • Overall, 2001 was a year to forget

Votes: 6 33.3%

• Total voters

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
No I don't think so, forget about the past, live towards the future. People who tend to live in the past, are making a big mistake and it will leave permanent scars.

That said, 2001 was a crappy year :eek:

Da RicK

Stubid newpie
Apr 26, 2001
Next to Santa
talking about me personal: greatest love pain ever, no comment
talking about the world: i don't think war/hunger/pain is a good thing

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
OK why??? That sounds so incredibly stupid?

If you mean saying "If you forget the mistakes you've made in the past, that's a bad thing", I couldn't agree more...

Clayeth

Classic
Apr 10, 2000
Kentucky
Originally posted by N3oN1t3|Buf
No I don't think so, forget about the past, live towards the future. People who tend to live in the past, are making a big mistake and it will leave permanent scars.

That said, 2001 was a crappy year :eek:
Just because you don't live in the past doesn't mean you have to pretend it didn't exist, that's not what I was saying. Just because you don't actively try to forget it doesn't mean you sit and thinka bout it all the time.

AMMAGETSVM

wild
Jun 5, 2001
brooklyn
Forget. This was one of the most painful years of my war that I can remember.
'Course, I can never really ever forget anything, so I just wanna get past it and
be ready to take on 2002. This year, I'm going on the offensive.

The Dopefish

Eat your veggies!
Apr 17, 2000
Springfield, MA, USA
I wonder if any of you realize that 2002 could very well start off with a big disaster. Times Square, NYC, NY...500,000 or so people in a confined area...if I were a terrorist I'd be pissing my pants. What could possibly be a more wonderful way to kill people then to hit where people are the most vulnerable and the most packed in? Oh, I know: how about doing it during a yearly tradition? What's more, doing that could possibly end the tradition for many years to come...

8-4-7-2

Mar 6, 2000
Germany
Originally posted by Clayeth|BuF
It's definately a year to remember, not necesarily for good things though.
The excact quote is more like "Those who don't learn from the past, are destined to repeat it".

Still it's almost the same. Forgetting it will use noone. The first half of 2001 rocked

Clayeth

Classic
Apr 10, 2000
Kentucky
Originally posted by The Dopefish
I wonder if any of you realize that 2002 could very well start off with a big disaster. Times Square, NYC, NY...500,000 or so people in a confined area...if I were a terrorist I'd be pissing my pants. What could possibly be a more wonderful way to kill people then to hit where people are the most vulnerable and the most packed in? Oh, I know: how about doing it during a yearly tradition? What's more, doing that could possibly end the tradition for many years to come...
Very true, but the truth is, I STILL wish I could ****ing be there! I mean think about it, all those people, gatherin in the city where the attack happened partying. Talk about a slap in the face of the terrorists. Besides, it'd be fun as hell.

BTW: I'm sure you've heard about the thing with india and pakistan possibly leading up to a war between the two (india attacked pakistan's parliment or something like that). And Pakistan might have to move the troops they have watching the afghan border away. If I were Bush I'd be telling inda to back the f*ck off. Nuclear power or not, if they do anything to hurt the effort they should go on the black list.

*edit*

any of you NY BuFfers going?

The Dopefish

Eat your veggies!
Apr 17, 2000
Springfield, MA, USA
Originally posted by Clayeth|BuF
Very true, but the truth is, I STILL wish I could ****ing be there! I mean think about it, all those people, gatherin in the city where the attack happened partying. Talk about a slap in the face of the terrorists. Besides, it'd be fun as hell.

It would be an even bigger slap in the face if they hit us then. :p

BTW: I'm sure you've heard about the thing with india and pakistan possibly leading up to a war between the two (india attacked pakistan's parliment or something like that). And Pakistan might have to move the troops they have watching the afghan border away. If I were Bush I'd be telling inda to back the f*ck off. Nuclear power or not, if they do anything to hurt the effort they should go on the black list.

The Indian parliament was the one that was hit.

Clayeth

Classic
Apr 10, 2000
Kentucky
hmm... guess just catching headlines as I flip through the channels causes mistakes like that :D I completely missed what India did to piss them off then.

ViperXL

Great Car
Dec 9, 1999
St. Louis, MO, USA
even if it was painful... its a year to remember... do you really want to forget the lives taken at that attack?......

Also, in case you didn't know, if you try hard to forget something you're more then likely going to reaffirm the memory... :p