More fallingdamage for UT with INF

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Cobra4ever

Feb 18, 2000
Visit site
Infiltration is a great mutator and realistic too, the only thing that's bugging me is that the falling damage is to low. I can fall to far down without getting hurt, that's the only thing that's not so realistic. Could you make a little mutator (I have read in some message from mutators that damage mutators aren't dificult to program) You could program it as a single mutator (or implent it in the next version)

I hope a you guys can do it fast!!!

Bye

thornz

Inhuman...yes indeed
Dec 14, 1999
outer circle of hades
members.aol.com
dangit this is one of those things that I think is pushing realism too far...

for the most part, yeah the falling damage isnt very much. But these arenas arent realistic. There are also ways you can't help but fall, either in order to catch up or escape. If this is going to be increased, i'd like to be able to control it. I like playing inf with UT maps ok, but most of them arent realistic in scale. Inf maps, I'm assuming, would have heights that arent as huge as those on UT maps (hence more realistic, no huge rocks to fall off of). But if I'm going to keep using UT maps, then I'll keep "leaving small craters" all the freaking time.

Corin

Jan 26, 2000
San Jose, CA
Visit site
I've this slidebar idea many times on this forum. What's wrong with numbers for crissake?

Ahhh who cares numbers, slidebars, voice activated, remote control, its all the same.

thornz

Inhuman...yes indeed
Dec 14, 1999
outer circle of hades
members.aol.com
I prefer both, a number and a slidebar, but the problem with numbers is that you don't know how high it can go. 10 might be relatively low or it might be relatively high, you don't really know until you try it out. You use a slidebar (ok, I don't like excessive damage, but I like a little, so I'll put the thing over here...)

Catalyst

science begets death
Jul 18, 1999
CA, USA
You can still see the number value with a slidebar, like the amount of time dropped items stick around.

Cobra4ever

Feb 18, 2000
Visit site
I do agree, the slidebar is the best choice, and the 100% is realistic idea is good too. I hope you guys will program it in your next version!

Tnx for the interest!!!

PS: Please work with percentages and make a label with the percentage of the original UT falling damage.

TNX and BYE!!!