Who wants their own IRC bot?!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

clambert

Jul 18, 1999
Boston, MA
Hey all,

Most of you are aware of the ".put" functionality in #PlanetUnreal. In an attempt to share the wealth, I'm going to offer the same l33t capabilities to other channels on ETG. If you wish to have a stripped down version of this bot in your channel, respond with the following info. (sample provided)

Channel Name: #LoL
Names To Search For: %PuF%, %]LoL[%, %[Ci%]%

Where % matches any number of characters in a player's name, and _ matches exactly one. The %[Ci%]% would find:
[Ci]Player1
Player2[Ci]
and even:
Play[Ci-t]er

/me opens the floodgates. :]

SU3000

Bringer of Fear and 0wnage
Jun 10, 2000
The Netherlands
www.carpeimperium.com
Great!

Channel Name: #clanci
Names To Search For: %PuF%, %]LoL[%, %[Ci%]%, %|C|%, %|AoC|%, %[CMi]%, %[muTTs]%, %LL|%, %{JEDI}%, %[$FCE2]% .
And the PuF-servers of course :).

your bot rocks. :)
Where does it look for players, only on irc, or also on the masterserver?

[Edited by SU3000 on January 17th, 2001 at 06:38 AM]

{L}OutZ{JEDI}

SSJ Vegeta - like
Jun 4, 2000
jediclan.ipfox.com
me wants!

Channel Name: #jediclan
Names To Search For: %PuF%, %{JEDI}%, %|C|%, %[FragN]%, %]LoL[%, %CMi%

Wow that is really nice of you Stallion

/mez wishes he could be a programmie too ;)

WHEN WE GETT'N da goods? :D

[Edited by {L}OutZ{JEDI} on January 14th, 2001 at 05:19 PM]

Swedix

Retired from UT2004
Apr 19, 2000
In position
It would be nice to have one in #europuf too.

Channel Name: #europuf
Names To Search For: %PuF%, %[RSU]%,%[DsV]%, %]LoL[%, %[Ci%]%, %|C|%, %|AoC|%, %[CMi]%, %[muTTs]%

[Edited by Swedix|PuF on January 14th, 2001 at 03:12 PM]

Boom

Rumpshaking Moderator
Mar 28, 2000
Visit site
*Boomp*

Robot Tinman was asking about these bot. I dunno if Stallion is still making them, but it can't hurt to ask. ;) I don't even know if the LoL bot is still alive. I forgot about him. I haven't tried to bring him to the channel for ages. :/ I'll see if he is alive later today.

Robot TinMan|BuF

Godlike Blues Brutha
Feb 13, 2001
Sweden
www.clanrobot.com
Hmm, I feel like I hafta go with the flow here.;)

Channel name: #robot
Names to search for: %PuF%, %]LoL[%, [CMi]%, %[muTTs]%, %|Robot|%, %{SPF}%, %{JEDI}%

Boom, if Ur talking about Rover, he's been gone for a long, long time :(
*sniff* I really miss that bot *sniff*
We were talking Blues all night long. I miss our conversations.;)
Pleazzze Boom/m0, have the bot coming back.:)

Boom

Rumpshaking Moderator
Mar 28, 2000
Visit site
Ummm, I think lolbot is dead. I did the thing that Stallion taught me to do to make lolbot join #lol. And ummmm,,,

This is the funny part.

No bots joined #lol, but clambot joined #thunderball.

Not clanbot, clambot. I don't know what a clambot is, or what it does, and I have no idea what #thunderball is about.

But clambot is now in #thunderball, and we are still botless. :eek:

Tinman, rover was something completely different. Rover was a pretty clever bot that Neuralizer made. He could do UT stuff too, but we just used him for fun. The other bot was just called LOL.

Morety, if we can get Stallion to set up LOL bot for us again, what do we want him to search for?

%PuF%, %]LoL[%, %[Ci%]%, %|H|%, %[CMi]%, %[muTTs]%, %LL|%, %|Robot|%, %MyU%.

Does that sound right?

RaptoR

been here far too long
May 7, 2000
UK
www.androidcentral.com
w00t@Stallion
Stallion has been w00ted upon!!!

:D

Great idea, Stall, thx. Will the bot include the auth feature that PU has... setting up autoops with the ETG ChanServ is a pain in the arse, and nowhere near as secure as it used to be with good old G...

anyway...

Channel -- #fusion
Bot Name (if possible) -- "Fusion" or "Bottage"
Players -- %PuF%, %]LoL[%, %[Ci%]%, %|H|%, %|AoC|%, %[CMi]%, %[muTTs]%, %LL%, %{JEDI}%, %[$FCE2]% %[PDC]%