UT2004 Megapack - Goopgod goofed!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Lawgiver

Nov 4, 2001
I just installed the new Megapack & tried to play DM-Goopgod & got stuck within 20 seconds literally!

The problem lies in this chimney that you can walk through/ fall into!:

goopgod-stuck1.jpg

& here's me stuck!:

goopgod-stuck2.jpg

I thought who ever created these maps tested them thoroughly before releasing them?! :(

Last edited:
May 12, 2005
omg, that is seriously a piss-poor job of bugtesting. lol. what are they thinking who tests these things?

this map will never be played competitively now as it's basically an exploit for LMS and such...

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Guys, stop insulting people, especially when they are regular forumers, please?

Personally, I played GoopGod for about 30 minutes and never fell in that chimney, so I can see how it would be easy to miss.

Nereid

・ ω ・
Apr 15, 2003
Vancouver
Hans Oberlander said:
this map will never be played competitively now as it's basically an exploit for LMS and such...
Who plays LMS competitively? Also, AM and TAM do camping damage, so it's not a problem for that.

shoptroll

Jan 21, 2004
Oh neat, I didn't know you could do that.

I'll have to get that later... Sounds like there's some other wacky problems people are experiencing, maybe there'll have to be a patch for the BP?

Angel_Mapper said:
The mutator checks for the map's properties, and if it's GoopGod it spawns a hidden static mesh to block that area. No version mismatches. :)

shoptroll

Jan 21, 2004
This is why things like Battle.net (and to some degree steam) are good at times. Everyone is running the same version, so Blizzard can do things like patching a map and not having to worry about incompatible files.

That's really why I wish they would do a b.c. breaking patch just to fix up all the little nit-picky things... Oh well, they have better things to do anyways, like finishing UT2007.

How complicated is this patch? It doesn't sound that complicated to me. Couldn't you teach them how to do it?

Does this work online too?

Angel_Mapper said:
Not likely, but I think the Unreal Exploiters want me to make a mutator to fix all of the exploits they know about now.

np Clawfist! I don't like people completely ripping up a great map for one tiny mistake. :hmm:

Last edited:

Angel_Mapper

Goooooooats
Jun 17, 2001
Cape Suzette
www.angelmapper.com
Iceboy2003 said:
How complicated is this patch? It doesn't sound that complicated to me. Couldn't you teach them how to do it?
Teach who? Epic? I don't think they really have time to do this when they could be working on UT2007.

The code is simple, a line to check if it's GoopGod (or whatever other map), and another line to spawn the mesh.

Yes, it works online as well.

shoptroll

Jan 21, 2004
I was refering to the Unreal Exploiters, I'm pretty sure this would be the lowest of the low priority things they'd have to fix.

Angel_Mapper said:
Teach who? Epic? I don't think they really have time to do this when they could be working on UT2007.

The code is simple, a line to check if it's GoopGod (or whatever other map), and another line to spawn the mesh.

Yes, it works online as well.