Air Buccaneers 1.0 Released

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

QAPete

Chief Muckety Muck
Aug 17, 1999
Pottstown, PA, USA
www.beyondunreal.com
Another award-winning UT2004 mod has left beta and joined the ranks of 'official release.' Air Buccaneers 1.0 is now available for download! If you haven't played AirBucs yet, you are missing out on one of the more unique UT2004 mod experiences available. There's a huge changelist, including:

- New scoring system, all maps use the same booty-based system
- Custom voice chat menu for in-game communication
- Custom pirate-themed voice actors with over a hundred phrases (male and female VO sets)
- 4 unique characters with lots of custom animations and detailed skins
- Improved models and textures for most weapons
- Gameplay tweaks and balancing
- All maps polished and optimized
- More punishment for the TK'ers (in-game jail system)
- Base cannons added
- HUD completely redone
- Glider added, helps to get to the own battleship quickly
- Awards reworked completely

...and much, much more. Stop by the official site for the whole poop!

dub

Feb 12, 2002
IMHO it needs quite a lot of players... 8 would be the bare minimum... but thats just my opinion... not liked im a seasoned veteran at this game though.

Yablos_Cz

Tweaking theatre dimmer
Aug 27, 2004
yablos.wz.cz
|dub| said:
IMHO it needs quite a lot of players... 8 would be the bare minimum... but thats just my opinion... not liked im a seasoned veteran at this game though.

Tnakns, i know that 8 isnt too much for online gameing

pekkok

Molemongering Molemonger
Sep 11, 2004
Oulu, Finland
ludocraft.oulu.fi
Yablos_Cz:
Is that mod fun with only 8players? Iam asking seriously to play it at LAN.

Well, most of our testplay is done with 8-10 players; the game can be fairly intensive even with that few people if all the players are focused to playing, and don't loiter around much. I would recommend the smaller maps, and the Treasure Hunt gametype: Harbour is the ideal map for small group of players, in my opinion. The small TDM's would also work quite well (Old forest, for example). Definitely drop Ruins from rotation, it's too big for such amount of players.

Cheers,

pekkok

Last edited:

hazywater

Jun 25, 2004
This mod is quite awesome. It can be a pretty intense multiplayer experience.
8 players are a bit few, but I think it would be fine for a lan, especially if everyone is within yelling distance. You have to talk smack (but not on pubs).