How do i find a clan kind enough to recruit me ?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

DamienW

I'm no stranger to sarcasm, sir
Feb 4, 2001
Bayonne, France
Well, i made a search, but the results were not very satisfying .... So i ask :
- First, is there any real interest in joining a clan ?
- Two, would a clan recruit a low-level soldier like me (with a 56k connection)
- Three, where can i find a place where i'll find those clans ?

Thanks for any help.... And forgive me if there's a place around here to do this, i din't find it....

TobiasR

Adept soldier - (IF)

The issue of 56k players is that they may have problem using voice-comm software such as Roger Wilco or Team sound. These programs are often essential for working together as a team...
That you aint "any good" does not matter, thats a question abour training...

Check out the "recruit" section on my Clan site and you may get a picture of wha regular Inf clans are looking for in a soldier...

Regards
Tobias

G-Fresh

Red
Aug 6, 2001
Western Mancunia
The only real solution to joining a clan is to get yourself noticed by clan members. Continually asking to join will only piss people off as it's not the 'done' thing. If you're polite though, they may take a look at you. But speaking from experience, really you need to slap people around the maps a bit, show that you're good. If you have a good attitude (which I'm sure you do) a clan will come asking eventually.

TobiasR

Adept soldier - (IF)
Great place to look...

Another great place to go to is ILCR.net 's forums... When it´s time for an 2vs2/primary league clans often asks in the forums for players. Specially for the 2vs2 matches, you can go ask for a partner for your self and almost garanteed you will find a mate who has no one to play with as well.

/Tobias

MoNDoGuY

Groin grabbingly good!
Apr 5, 2001
CANADA!!!!!
ghost.clanpages.com
Here's something very important.

Don't do this on a server...

Can I join a clan???

Can I join a clan???

Can I join a clan???

Can I join a clan???

Can I join a clan???

Can I join a clan???

Can I join a clan???

Can I join a clan???

Can I join a clan???

Can I join a clan???

Can I join a clan???

Highly annoying as you can see.

CHrOmE-DoMe

mess with me son, and its good night
Mar 20, 2001
UK
www.scoobyfanatic.co.uk
56k is only a problem if you make it a problem.

Hiya...
Being in a clan is good in respect to giving a "point" to playing..
I played as a non-clan member for a long time, and it can get lonely when all the publics are full and the usual supects are off with practises and clan matches..
Ideally, you get known and (hopefuly) liked and you and your clan become well known and respected (gasp! surely not!)
ALso gives you a sense of achievement when you've kicked ass and you clan mates congratulate you ;)

Im on 56k and have been playing inf since 2.75..
I play online only, and even tho Im in the Uk, which bites when I play on US servers, by and large I get by just fine.

While u r waiting for DSL/cable to drop in price/availability etc.. (like me) just hone your skills and learn to cope with the crap ping.. altho cqb is a lot harder with a high ping (300-600 usually).

Plus.. like others have mentioned.. if you are good, you'll get noticed and maybe even asked.. worth bearing in mind with regard to manners etc.. no-one will ask a spaming llama ;)

I'll be seeing you online ;)

[DiE]x8668k

Skilled
Oct 4, 2000
www.x8668k.com
Well, some of the rules DiE have is to have a fast connection and a good microphone for voice communication.

Then you of course have to give the Clan Leader the obligatory blowjob but since we dont have a Clan Leader anymore, all in DiE are sort of Leaders, you got some serius blowing to do. :D

MadWoffen

Soon! ©
May 27, 2001
Belgium
www.bifff.net
Originally posted by MoNDoGuY
Here's something very important.

Don't do this on a server...

Can I join a clan???
Can I join a clan???

Highly annoying as you can see.

Or is Nemesis... How many time I saw a guy:
- who want to join a clan
- you want to join my clan
- c'mon, my clan is recruiting
(nobody answers or is interested)
At this point, he start to pick all players one by one:
- hey you, will you join a clan ?
:rolleyes:

TobiasR

Adept soldier - (IF)
Re: 56k is only a problem if you make it a problem.

Originally posted by CHrOmE-DoMe
Hiya...
Being in a clan is good in respect to giving a "point" to playing..
I played as a non-clan member for a long time, and it can get lonely when all the publics are full and the usual supects are off with practises and clan matches..
Ideally, you get known and (hopefuly) liked and you and your clan become well known and respected (gasp! surely not!)
ALso gives you a sense of achievement when you've kicked ass and you clan mates congratulate you ;)

Im on 56k and have been playing inf since 2.75..
I play online only, and even tho Im in the Uk, which bites when I play on US servers, by and large I get by just fine.

While u r waiting for DSL/cable to drop in price/availability etc.. (like me) just hone your skills and learn to cope with the crap ping.. altho cqb is a lot harder with a high ping (300-600 usually).

Plus.. like others have mentioned.. if you are good, you'll get noticed and maybe even asked.. worth bearing in mind with regard to manners etc.. no-one will ask a spaming llama ;)

I'll be seeing you online ;)

Another aspect of 56k'ers is that they might not be willing to pay for playing several hours online. If you have cable you can play whenever withour worrie about the cost.
Me and my clan often have our tactical "clan matches" for ourself without any enymies. Just trying out new sniping posisions and calculate time for goin fropm A to B etc etc. A 56k'er might not wanna do that, spend hours online for "nothing"...

CHrOmE-DoMe

Mar 20, 2001
UK
www.scoobyfanatic.co.uk
Tobias: Im on 56k, but I have umetered access for a flat fe (like cable but MUCH cheaper and MUCH slower :D
Anytime spent "practising" online with clan mates is time well spent IMHO.. 56 or not.

[DiE]x8668k
Nice policy! :D who gets the sloppy seconds ROFLOL

Woffen: NEmesis??? Please explain further??..
my Unit in [MASTER] is Nemesis and I'd hope we dont spam that much..

MAX.. just get out there and play.
C

TobiasR

Adept soldier - (IF)
rare

Originally posted by CHrOmE-DoMe
Tobias: Im on 56k, but I have umetered access for a flat fe (like cable but MUCH cheaper and MUCH slower :D
Anytime spent "practising" online with clan mates is time well spent IMHO.. 56 or not.

C

Yes, you are lucky to have flatrate modem access, but evrybody aint that lucky. There is no such thing here in Sweden for example. All modem users pay per minute...
I would go as fas as saying that modem with flatrate is rare.

/Tobias

CHrOmE-DoMe

Mar 20, 2001
UK
www.scoobyfanatic.co.uk
TObias; maybe in Sweden.. here its widely available.. also the states have it too.
Sweden must be unlucky.. :D

Being in the uk tho my 56k ping is quite bad if I play on anything other than a Euro server.. when dsl drops in price i will get it.
C

CHrOmE-DoMe

Mar 20, 2001
UK
www.scoobyfanatic.co.uk
Tobias: On average, it costs around £150 setup and then £45 a month for a 12 month contract.
There are some exceptions, BT being one (it IS cheaper), but BT has a very bad reputation here..
http://www.adslguide.org.uk/

The best ISP's always cost..
for me to get a good DSL ISP I'd be looking at around £650+ for a year. (9,856.43 Kroner)

Anyway..less about DSL.. this thread IS about clans.. so I'll mention DSL no more.

-C-