8 team CTF

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

how many teams should there be?

• 1 team,because im too stupid to understand CTF

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2 teams,classic CTF is so nice...

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • 3 teams,that wasn't relly done before

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • 4 teams,we don't have enought good 4 way CTF mods

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • 5 teams works well

• 6 teams is enough,7-8 teams would cause too much lag

• 7 teams,i don't know why though...

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • 8 teams,FOR GODS SAKE!!! THIS IS A THREAD ABOUT A 8-WAY CTF MOD!!!!!!!!

Votes: 5 31.3%

• Total voters

Cryognosis

might never have a icon
Aug 2, 2001
i've just thought about this idea:

8 team CTF!

now lets see...

32 players ÷ 8 teams... = 4 per team...

damn... guess thats not much of a good idea...

maybe if there was a mutator used to give more bots... that would be

15 bots • 8 teams = 120 bots

damnit....

too many bots...

hmmm...

10 • 8 = 80 bots...

better! :D

think that is too much teams?

Nemephosis

Earning my Infrequent Flier miles
Aug 10, 2000
First, voting on your own poll = ghey. :p

Second, four teams is MORE than chaotic. As you can guess four is definitely enough.

Besides, UT only HAS four colours? Hellllloooo? :p

Cryognosis

might never have a icon
Aug 2, 2001
Originally posted by Nemephosis
First, voting on your own poll = ghey. :p

Second, four teams is MORE than chaotic. As you can guess four is definitely enough.

Besides, UT only HAS four colours? Hellllloooo? :p

first... who would you know i voted for my own poll?

not relly...

i was thinking that perhaps it would be possible to make a more teams with it,think about it,nearly everything else is/was possible in UT...

Nemephosis

Aug 10, 2000
Well there was only one vote, and surprise, it was for 8 teams. I used logic. :)

And seeing as how you went on in your original post about 8 teams, it only stands to reason that the 8-team vote is yours. :)

Well, it seems like a good idea but think of the poor people with lower-end systems (like I used to have!) They'd never be able to cope.....

Now if you could choose the number of teams (eg. 2-8) THEN it would be interesting. That way you could do 4-way CTF, Classic (although mot really any point, hehe) or 8-team carnage for those with the beefy system. That would be a good idea...... and I'd go for it.

Cryognosis

might never have a icon
Aug 2, 2001
Well there was only one vote, and surprise, it was for 8 teams. I used logic. :)

And seeing as how you went on in your original post about 8 teams, it only stands to reason that the 8-team vote is yours. :)

Well, it seems like a good idea but think of the poor people with lower-end systems (like I used to have!) They'd never be able to cope.....

Now if you could choose the number of teams (eg. 2-8) THEN it would be interesting. That way you could do 4-way CTF, Classic (although mot really any point, hehe) or 8-team carnage for those with the beefy system. That would be a good idea...... and I'd go for it.

hmmm...good point...but...uhhh...was there any views?
someone might have agreed with me!

your right...i never thought about the low end systems because my computer can handle quite a few bots before lagging then freezing

of course it will have the ability to set for less then 8 teams! it would be stupid not to

there should be several other options,kind of like how the other multi-ctf mods have them...

Nemephosis

Aug 10, 2000
Well, if it's gonna be better than Multi-CTF (CTFM) then it better have everything that has and more. :D

Better ask the creator of it if you can rip off the ideas ;)

Cryognosis

might never have a icon
Aug 2, 2001
Well, if it's gonna be better than Multi-CTF (CTFM) then it better have everything that has and more. :D

Better ask the creator of it if you can rip off the ideas ;)

hmmm...we need someone to script,someone to make maps,and someone to think of the ideas (i guess ill do,but some other people to give out some neat ideas would be nice)

pine

Official Photography Thread Appreciator
Apr 29, 2001
IRL
Visit site
It would't work. Besides people have gotten so used to two team CTF that they wouldn't play it. Furthermore, how many games do you usually play that have more than two teams? It isn't widely known in any aspects of American games.

Three team CTF - two teams would gang up on the third.

Four teams - two teams on each side would gang up creating two big teams again.

anything more is too many frickin teams. It'd be confounding to build a map for it to say the least. Besides, nobody can think about that many factors at once.

Cryognosis

might never have a icon
Aug 2, 2001
Originally posted by Pineconeboy
It would't work. Besides people have gotten so used to two team CTF that they wouldn't play it. Furthermore, how many games do you usually play that have more than two teams? It isn't widely known in any aspects of American games.

Three team CTF - two teams would gang up on the third.

Four teams - two teams on each side would gang up creating two big teams again.

anything more is too many frickin teams. It'd be confounding to build a map for it to say the least. Besides, nobody can think about that many factors at once.

you think everyone would gang bang on one/two teams,don't you?!

in domination they don't do that crap,so why start with a 8 way CTF?!

Big giB

Keep out of reach of children.
Jul 28, 2000
BC, Canada
Visit site
oOooh, that would be chaotic :D Just tjhe way I like it! Can u imagine a face with 8 freakin bridges? U have any idea how soaked with blood the center would be? lol, not to mention maintenence costs. ANyway, How about we choose the team colours ;D

Team 5: Black
Team 6: White
7: Purple
8: Orange

Now that would be wierd ;D

Cryognosis

might never have a icon
Aug 2, 2001
Originally posted by Big giB
oOooh, that would be chaotic :D Just tjhe way I like it! Can u imagine a face with 8 freakin bridges? U have any idea how soaked with blood the center would be? lol, not to mention maintenence costs. ANyway, How about we choose the team colours ;D

Team 5: Black
Team 6: White
7: Purple
8: Orange

Now that would be wierd ;D

lol

i already had that planned out

1.red
2.yellow
3.green
4.cyan
5.blue
6.purple
7.white
8.black

note that this is not in any real order...

Cryognosis

might never have a icon
Aug 2, 2001
team symbols

1-red-default
2-blue-default
3-yellow-default
4-green-default
5-purple-unkown
6-teal-unkown
7-black-unkown
8-white-unkown

Last edited:

Nemephosis

Aug 10, 2000
OK It was a good idea but you killed any possible interest with adding 14 teams.

And nice to see your comment "i hate gay people."

I hate people who hate people for no really good reason.

Cryognosis

might never have a icon
Aug 2, 2001
OK It was a good idea but you killed any possible interest with adding 14 teams.

And nice to see your comment "i hate gay people."

I hate people who hate people for no really good reason.

1.ok,i'll remove the 14 team idea... it was kind of stupid... too much teams...

2.i have reasons, here is just a few...
1.they are sick minded
2.it's pointless to **** someone your own gender anyways! nothing comes out of it except for some sick minded pleasure!
3.gay people are very disturbing,and not just because they are gay

Cryognosis

might never have a icon
Aug 2, 2001
I'm sorry I ever replied to this.

thats all your going to post?

if you have nothing to say at all besides "I'm sorry I ever replied to this." then don't post at all,in fact,if you don't like this thread then unsubscribe!

Nemephosis

Aug 10, 2000
Originally posted by Ice Lord

thats all your going to post?

if you have nothing to say at all besides "I'm sorry I ever replied to this." then don't post at all,in fact,if you don't like this thread then unsubscribe!

Um. I'll post what I like, thanks.

The reason I said that, as if I need to explain myself, is because of your little gay-bash. Having an opinion is fine fut that's downright ignorant and decidedly anti-gay. That does not swing well here.

The terms of service dictate that you will not post any hateful messages and all this other negative stuff I can't be bothered to go read right now.

I don't care how you think about gays, or any other types of people, but if that's what you're gonna post, keep it to yourself. Thanks.

[edit] You see, contrary to what people might think, you do not have freedom of speech here, so don't even start about that. This site is privately run. Therefore any rules can be made at whim with or without notice. Free speech is not something we have here.[/edit]

Metakill

Inhumane
Feb 18, 2000
Redwood City, CA USA
Ice Lord sounds a little repressed maybe. Its usually the biggest closet cases that have these mental problems.

You say gays are sick minded, but for what reason? Homosexuality exists in all mammal species, not just people. The primary purpose for sexuality in human beings is pleasure not reproduction anyway. Gay people are doing the world a huge favor by not reproducing in a world that has been grossly overpopulated by us. In any case, I hope you don't reproduce, passing on your culture of irrational fear and hatred to children who deserve better.

In any case, leave your prejudices on the doorstep when you come to PUF.

Nemephosis

Aug 10, 2000
Originally posted by Metakill

Homosexuality exists in all mammal species, not just people. The primary purpose for sexuality in human beings is pleasure not reproduction anyway.

I remember hearing something like that..... I think it was on TLC (The Learning Channel, 34 in Canada) and dolphins do it for just that reason. Offspring is just the result of such naughty activities.

[spelling it out for those that may use that as a form of attack]

I mean when done between a male and female, and you know it....

[/spelling it out for those that may use that as a form of attack]