Error on opening

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Neglous8

Nov 30, 2000
Mac 10.3.1 Help.

I have been waiting for 2.9 for a couple years like everyone else. I just installed it but it doesn't work. It doesn't even start. I got all the files needed the OSX version of UT, but everytime I start the launcher it says during the object load for UT engine "Class Actor Member Owner problem" script=48 C++=52" Only thing I can do is hit Ok, then it quits.

I have a Dual 2Gig G5 with 2 gig of RAM, ATI 9800 Pro (OEM) graphics card. Running OS 10.3.1 (Panther)

UT itself works fine hadn't played it in a year or two, was playing a MOD to make it Marathon, that was fine.

Hope someone can help.

420Assassin

Aug 28, 2003
Portland, OR
users.easystreet.com
Error on opening (Mac OS X)

I get the following error when launching INF on a Mac running OS X:

ClassActor Member Owner problem:
Script=48 C++=52:

with an 'ok' button that when pressed cancels the start up. Anyone know how to fix this?
thanks

Last edited:

Nanodragon

I love you Lord Daftwager
Feb 24, 2001
Might be a stupid idea but maybe it's a permission problem....

Neglous8 said:
I have been waiting for 2.9 for a couple years like everyone else. I just installed it but it doesn't work. It doesn't even start. I got all the files needed the OSX version of UT, but everytime I start the launcher it says during the object load for UT engine "Class Actor Member Owner problem" script=48 C++=52" Only thing I can do is hit Ok, then it quits.

I have a Dual 2Gig G5 with 2 gig of RAM, ATI 9800 Pro (OEM) graphics card. Running OS 10.3.1 (Panther)

UT itself works fine hadn't played it in a year or two, was playing a MOD to make it Marathon, that was fine.

Hope someone can help.

Tycho Maudd

Dec 2, 2003
Try reinstalling UT and applying the v436 patch in OS9, and NOT in classic. Then install INF 2.9 and the OSX version of UT.

Last edited:

Neglous8

Nov 30, 2000
On my G5 it doesn't have OS 9 as a start up disk at all. It only has OS9 as a classic enviroment. I was really looking forward to INF after waiting for so long but honestly I don't know if all this is worth it.

I've tried updating permissions but it doesn't have any effect.

UT with Beta 3 app for OSX still works great though!

420Assassin

Aug 28, 2003
Portland, OR
users.easystreet.com
By installing everything, (UT, 436, UT X, and INF) in OS 9 and then switching to OS X I was able to get INF to launch.

To get INF to run on your G5 - find a Mac with a CD burner and OS 9, install all files as above, burn them to a CD and copy them to your OX X HD. That should be it, they fit nicely on two CD s if you place the INF Maps on one CD and the rest of the files (UT and INF combined files) on the other, you could also just copy the files over a network.

Hope this works for you.

Tycho Maudd

Dec 2, 2003
Also, if you can get your hands on a Game of the Year edition of UT, you can install the entire thing under OSX with no problems.

Turbojugend

Dec 3, 2003
Visit site
I've got this obscure message: Assertion failed: RenDev [File: MacViewport.cpp] [Line: 547]

It says so at startup in both OS9 and OSX and promptly quits. Anybody got any idea as to what has gone wrong? I've got the GOTY version and I have a Powerbook G4 867 mhz.

Tycho Maudd

Dec 2, 2003
That generally means either you are using the wrong set of ini files, are you using the correct launcher, or did you make any changes to the infiltrationX.ini file?

420Assassin

Aug 28, 2003
Portland, OR
users.easystreet.com
I've noticed that sometimes when you launch the UT that INF is using you can get that error the next time you launch INF. I think the UT launcher can alter the some of INFs .ini files. Try reinstalling everything but use only the INF launcher, to play UT install a separate version. Hope this works for you.