Q3A Demo and UT Demo

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

BirddoG

Nov 20, 1999
Visit site
Well i just got both Demos and i have one thing to say against the Q3A Demo:
Why does it look like a GAY game?
the colours, the Models, the guns...
When compaired to the UT demo it looks like a drag queen. The UT Demo is big and bad-a$$, with big huge guns that KILL!! Q3A has PERTTY Colours like pink and red (Not Blood Red)
In conclusion: I dont want to play a game where i cant help but question my sexuality when i play.
I want a bad-a$$ game that is dark and powerful and UT definently fills that gap.
OH and BTW I used to have both demos on my comp, but guess which one is the only one on now /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

I couldn't stand the little bouncy powerups. I hate picking up pretty pink, dancing ammo boxes. What the heck were they thinking?

And some of the guns are just dumb -- I kept getting shot at by something that looked like snowballs...to be honest, I have been angry at Epic and GT, but I just couldn't look myself in the mirror if I played Q3.

wiz4ha

Jul 7, 2000
wth are you guys talking about?

refer to the post "Q3ARENA HATERS"

bullet2.gif

WiZ

R

Rocket Bitch

Hey, Birddog, you are wrong dude in a couple area's... Here are you quotes...

"Q3A has PERTTY Colours like pink and red (Not Blood Red)"

I don't know what demo, or test version you played, but this latest demotest doesn't have the color pink for boxes, health, etc.

"I want a bad-a$$ game that is dark and powerful and UT definently fills that gap."

I think each game does well in atmoshere. I think Quake has the more dark, scary, evil look, while UT has stuck with a space theme. How can you say Quake isn't dark and powerful?

"Why does it look like a GAY game?
the colours, the Models, the guns...
When compaired to the UT demo it looks like a drag queen".

The models are actually better defined in Quake, and will include more variations, and number of models. Now with the colors, that you mention. I don't know what kind of video card you have, but both games use colors really good dude. And as far as the guns, both games seem to be balanced out in the weapons department. Oh yeah, and to your reference to Q3A is a drag queen compared to UT, I don't think so. Maybe your computer is a drag queen.

It all comes down to personal prefence, I guess, but none of your points are really valid Birdog.

I say both games kick *** . /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

bullet2.gif

Rocket Bitch

Grendel

Dec 31, 1999
Visit site
I'd have to agree with the rocket bitch. I like UT a lot more than i do q3 only because q3 shows very little origionality other than the jump pads which are a great effect. Q3 has nothing gay and light about it, its just not all that origional and not always fun to play. Q3 has a balance of weapons and they did a good job on that, but i think they should have kept the Q2 rail gun because that was the best gun ever made and it gave you the most satisfying kill /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

It is pretty much preference on what you think about each game and i like them both in some ways but i think UT will come out on top because of what it has shown so far and the VERY few bugs in it unlike q3a

bullet2.gif

Not all who wander are lost.