Beautiful-Sounding Words

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

iolair

Mostly Harmless
Jun 4, 2001
Asturias, España
neil.gratton.org
What do you think are the nicest sounding words (or combinations of words) you've heard - in English or in any other language. I'm not talking about the meanings of the words at all, but the actual sounds of the words...

Apparently Tolkien really liked the sound of "Cellar Door" ???

Anyway, here's a few of mine:

Spanish: telaraña, microfono
Gaelic: slainte mhath (sounds something like "slannjer vah")
Latin: orbis
Italian: capisce, prenotazione
German: haben
English: quintessence
French: soir
Romanian: doresc, pâlârie
European Portuguese: mosteiro (sp?)

Last edited:

Destro7000

Beware the Apartment Emus
Aug 12, 2002
Bristol, UK
www.gamersa.barrysworld.net
Every Lev Designer gets writers block when it comes to naming their maps, but I come up with lovely ones by mixing up things that are vaguely Scientific (biological, or latin animal naming, or constellations) with oriental and foreign words. The names don't make a bit of sense, but they're usually cool and something nobody's heard before.

As for real words...erm... Disombobulated? Sapphire. Chalet. Azimuth. Quadrilateral. Decimation. Chewbacca :lol:

=D7K=