How much of a thread do you read before replying?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

How much of a thread do you read before replying?

• All of it.

Votes: 22 71.0%
  • None of it.

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • Depends on how much caffeine i have ingested.

Votes: 3 9.7%
  • I like animated smilies.

Votes: 5 16.1%

• Total voters

NotBillMurray

It's Suntory Time!
Mar 11, 2001
There is little else someone can do to discredit themselves than posting with "I haven't read any of this thread, but...". Read the whole thread please. I know those 10 pagers can be a bitch, but the conversation will be the better for it.

FiringAimlessly

NOT going to waste another minute on CS!
Sep 18, 2001
Normally I'd read the entire thing before posting, but if I see the thing degenerate into one of those all-too-common bitch threads and I don't see anything constructive for a while, I just take whatever rational-seeming points I have and post them right away, assuming no one's brought it up yet... I'd still scroll to the bottom in case I find any posts by people I know to keep a clear head and not take any "side" in whatever's dividing the community that minute... (EDIT: However, for threads like these where someone brings up a question about what I personally do/like/think/etc. and I don't need any foreknowledge of what happened already in the thread, I'll post first and read later)

agent

<span id=spObj style="FILTER:Glow(color=#5D025E);w
Oct 20, 2001
Visit site
i decided that i am going to reply only to my own posts from now on: at least i know what i'm talking about. :(

ElectricSheep

Tommy Vegas
May 11, 2000
Newark, DE
I read most all of it first, but that doesn't include instaposts.

Animated smilies! Woohoo!

unixwhack.gif

newboom.gif

chainsawrip5.gif

Goat Fucker

No Future!
Aug 18, 2000
Denmark
Visit site
I try to allways read the whole thing, and allmost allways do, but it does happen that i get bored on page 4, and know i still have 3 pages to go, then i more or less skimp over the reply's, get a gist of the argument, so i still know what has been disgussed, just not every single word said :)

Iceman

Who Dares Wins
Oct 6, 1999
Australia
Visit site
I read about 90% of it most time, depending on length, usally a thread with over 2-3 pages with out a topic that really catches my eye, i won't even look at it.

Iceman.