Mirror's Edge Editor... Found?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Several people on the official Mirror's Edge community forums (well, maybe official...) have found a clever way to get UnrealEd for Mirror's Edge enabled. Pirating a few files from their UT3 Binaries folder, they were able to get the editor up and running and have even released a few custom maps! Pretty cool!

If you want to do it manually, just copy the wxRC and wxRes folders from your UT3\Binaries folder into your Mirror's Edge\Binaries folder and then run "MirrorsEdge.exe editor" like other UE3 based games.

It made me curious if any other UE3 games could have UnrealEd enabled so easily, so I'll be trying a few others out myself. Have you gotten this to work on other UE3 games? Have a Mirror's Edge map you'd like to share? Let us know in the comments!

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
What the ****! That's insane lmao. :D
But really, does it work like it should? Do you have access to critical gameplay actors, and kismet nodes?

I wonder if people can do that with Vegas 2? They have some really dumb stuff going on, like if you add a the "-editor" shortcut to the game executable, it tells you fatal error, and to contact some local ubisoft staff with his name displayed. :lol:

Last edited:

Numb51

Feb 3, 2008
:D BoA! First thing I'm going to do is go to the last level and make all the prettyness you put in that level mrfrank, and delete it!!!! Just like I did with Deck-FPS! :D

Last edited:

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
What the ****! That's insane lmao. :D
But really, does it work like it should? Do you have access to critical gameplay actors, and kismet nodes?

I wonder if people can do that with Vegas 2? They have some really dumb stuff going on, like if you add a the "-editor" shortcut to the game executable, it tells you fatal error, and to contact some local ubisoft staff with his name displayed. :lol:
From reading a few things, it sounds like it's a little buggy (apparently PIE can be a little borked on the retail version), but you can make maps with it and Kismet actors all seem to be in place.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
I'll have to try this out if I get the game on my HDD, many thanks for the heads up Brizz (and the person who may have send this out). I'm still curious to see if it applies to other UE3 games not including an editor.

Last edited:

Sk.7

Jan 31, 2008
Just a matter of time before someone makes a "very unofficial" UE3 editor package for all the UE3 games out there :D

I know that UT3 is the "trial version" of the engine but still :lol:

ambershee

Nimbusfish Rawks
Apr 18, 2006
Nomad
sheelabs.gamemod.net
Yeah, general protection faults for files not found in all of them.

Probably wouldn't work, but there's no harm in trying. Just back up the folders you replace first (if they exist), naturally.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
And of course you don't have access to Ambient Occlusion when I think about it now?

Chandler

Self Unemployed
Jan 20, 2008
Brothers in Arms Hells Highway was released with the Unreal Editor, something I don't think most people know :p

Raz, I need a photoshop of me as a care bear. That would be awesome!!! :D

Now that I do I might actually buy it :D