UT Start Error Message

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Nahand

!!! God Of Random !1?
Oct 24, 2003
PT
Hi all.

I post this because yet again i got an internal error in UT. The thing happened (just like i suspected from other installs) when installing a custom player model = Lord Maul <- the Darth Maul from Star Wars Episode I.

Thing is i got an error that doesn't let me enter UT anymore and other option is re-isntall UT all over (for the 10 000 time :/ ).

Can anyone tell me how to solve this problem?
I've unistalled the Maul model after getting the error (a UMOD). Error remains.

Image attached with error message.
I think it should be some path in UT.ini or Manifest.ini.

Please help!

Attachments

• UT - Error Message.jpg
    UT - Error Message.jpg
    180.7 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:

Sexmachine

- retired -
Feb 5, 2002
Germany
www.planetjailbreak.com
Looks like one of the Add-Ons you've installed changes the startup map to Requital-Intro.unr (whatever map that is) ... to switch back open up your UnrealTournament.ini (in your System folder), look out for this line (at the very beginning): LocalMap=Requital-Intro.unr and change it to e.g. this: LocalMap=JBCredits.unr ...

Nahand

!!! God Of Random !1?
Oct 24, 2003
PT
Ehrm... thanks for help.
Thing is: that map is there on purpose because i placed it there.
While i had other installs, i had the ChaosUT start map, so it's not the start map that is a problem (i think).

I've tried to place city intro back and error persists... :(

Nahand

!!! God Of Random !1?
Oct 24, 2003
PT
Rob said:
You seem to miss the Cannon.umx, an official music file.

I have it installed. I even copied it from UT disk replacing the original. I thought of that too. No good.

SexMachine: i'm at work now, so i'll try and search for SEVERAL Cannon files at UT directory. Should i delete all except Cannon.umx ?

Sexmachine

- retired -
Feb 5, 2002
Germany
www.planetjailbreak.com
Get rid of all connon.blah files besides the one that is needed by your INTRO map (there is a 90% chance that the needed one is the canon.umx file as thats a very common one) ... be aware of the fact that the MOD/Mutator that brought you the other canon.blah files will fail to work afterwards.

Nahand

!!! God Of Random !1?
Oct 24, 2003
PT
Guess what...

I did a search and still i had only Cannon.umx in UT (i kinda expected that).
So i searched UT.ini and in Core.Engine (i think) the path to Music folder was not there. I guess the UMOD was faulty or something and deleted the path. I copied/pasted it and voilá!

Thanks to Rob and SexM for the help, that avoided me a new (yet another) UT install. ;) :tup:

Attachments

• UT - The Requital INTRO map.jpg
    UT - The Requital INTRO map.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 21
Last edited: