New game mode (yes again)

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Kristoph

Jan 19, 2000
Paris, France
Visit site
First, this game mode could be played on a regular TDM map, assuming that the map is sufficiently large.

At the beggining of each round, the game will place 5 point ranomly in the level so that they are suficiently far away from each over. 2 of them will be spawn areas for each team, and the 5 others will be the control points.

The goal will be to find each control point and capture the information within it (we can make some knd of laptop computer for instance). To capture , you will need to stay 5 secs in front of it with no weapon readied.

Once captured, there will be no trace of the operation and a capture is forever : you can capture a point previously captured by the enemy but you can't take it back from them.

The winning team is the one who captures first the 3 control points. In the event of one team decimated, the opposing team will have only 1 min left to capture the remaining points before the end of the round. In this case the winner will be the team with the most captures or else it will be a draw.

Kristoph

Jan 19, 2000
Paris, France
Visit site
sounds like front line force to me

NO, I don't even know what it is :D .

The team radius was an inspiration from some other assault modification for UT where you would win more points by achieving an objective for each team member near you.

For the game type, it was more or less entirely new for me with some inspiration from "Myth : The fallen lords". ( Lots of different capture games with the need to scout )

yurch

Swinging the clue-by-four
May 21, 2001
USA, Maryland.
Visit site
sounds kinda like entrophy to me...
(entire room in unison)
huh?
*cough*
Descent3 gametype, its friggin crazy. Wont work without respawns tho...

Last edited: