Forums lock up my browser?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

R.Flagg

Feb 15, 2000
Visit site
OK, at least 75% of the time I click on the forums link, my browser locks up, and I have to ctrl-alt-del. Weird. I can surf happily for hours, and on other UBB boards, but when I try to come here, it locks. Any ideas?

Callisto

Adept
Jan 13, 2000
Pennsylvania
Visit site
I know exactly what you are talking about. Thats the same thing that I went though. The change I made that seemed to stop the locking up was going from IE4 to IE5 but IE5 causes MANY more problems everywhere else. On my computer IE5 will probably be deleted in favor of IE4 in the near future so this may be one of my last posts. /~unreal/ubb/html/frown.gif

S

STC_Wacky

I get it too ......what a major pain in the a$$. So IE5 is causing it huh?

030.gif

bullet2.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><HR> Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

R.Flagg

Feb 15, 2000
Visit site
Thanks for responding. I have tried several times since posting that to get back. With all due respect though, I hardly think the answer is dumping IE5. ( yes, I use it too ) It just doesn't make sense to me to dump a browser I like for one forum. Like I said before, every other UBB I visit works. Bummer though, I just got UT and would like to visit the forum, ah well. THanks again.

Callisto

Adept
Jan 13, 2000
Pennsylvania
Visit site
IE5 works fine on this site for me, it was IE4 that always locked up. IE5 causes all kinds of problems on other sites where IE4 always worked good. Thats why I may go back to IE4 and if I do the problems with this place will probably return. /~unreal/ubb/html/frown.gif

/~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

Skumboy

Jun 3, 2000
Visit site
I use IE5 and it works just fine with almost everything I can't see it being IE5.

bullet2.gif

"The're out ta get me, they won't catch me I'm f*cking innocent"--Out Ta get me, Guns n Roses

JuiceEggsMcKenna

MC68060/50
Aug 31, 2000
Australia
clivebarker.net
I have used various versions of IE on this board with no problems, so I'd say that there must be something else wrong, rather than just "IE5 isn't compatible with this board".

I have noticed it takes a long to d/l info from this server, maybe your machine is just waiting for a looooong time? What sort of link do you have?