This is an outrage! ----->

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

|mX|Alphax

Dec 28, 2000
http://bunkers.dayofdefeatmod.com/mapping/reviews/sicily/

Just click that link and tell me what you think. What the DoD team was ripped off one of the best Inf map.

/me goes and cries in a corner

Ps. DOD is a modification for Half-life.

Pps. wow! You guys finally upgraded to Vb 3.0. I have been moderating on the counter-strike forums with Vb3.0 and its a lot more fun becasue moderators have some more options.

Edit: Sticky = Keeps thread at top of page.
Merge = sticks two thread together.
Split = Splits two threads apart.

StalkingViper

Anti-Grenade Launchers/Shotguns
Dec 1, 2000
hmmmm

Doesnt look like the same map to me. Many things in the world have the same names. I will say this the screen shots seem to have more of a sicilian style feel to them. I have been there once or twice and the inf version looks nothing like sicliy. Dont get me wrong i still love the map though.

ArbSkynxnex

with co-conspirator, Kitty
Mar 11, 2001
hmm, graphics from HL are so bad i cant really make anything out. :D I like INF sicily just fine, thank you.

Beer stud

Mar 14, 2001
Visit site
attention origional poster:

you are hereby banished for being a complete idiot.

The maps are totally different, just because it is named "sicily" (an actual place where world war two was fought for anybody that might not know) doesn't mean the dod team ripped anything off.

This has been a broadcast by the Anti Dip**** Foundation of America.

Thank you, and have a nice day :D

RaekwoN

Infiltration Level Designer
Aug 5, 1999
Melbourne, Australia
Haha!

I would actually be flattered if they ripped off Sicily, cause I play DoD a bit and it's a damn cool mod.
But yeah...I had the name first...ner ner.... :p

Antedeluge

I survived the flood of 2000 B.C.
Jan 1, 2001
Visit site
All they took was the name. The maps look completely different. Raekwon's map is more of an urban setting and the DoD one looks more like it's in the country.

Spooge

Digital Content Creator
Jul 9, 2000
TN -USA
www.planetunreal.com
Well...

hehe

Relax Beer stud, I think everyone is feeling punchy (in a good way) with the move and all. No harm done...
unless it was your HL map. If so then... nice map! hehe

*Shhhhhhh.... I still like CrazyRaek... errr... ehh... RaekwoN's version better*

Tuttle INF

Hikeeba!
Dec 18, 2000
Nope...

I just don't see the similarity.

I've played DoD. And I liked it. But not enough to keep it when my hard disk filled up.

I like INF Sicily better.

HeresJohnny

Oct 19, 2000
this remind me

of the time people thought that sf copied inf because it's going to have leaning and prone position. you people should get out more, these things were in games a long time ago. seems like whenever someone names something out of a place that exists, they are copying inf. i suppose the people who named sicily had a timemachine, went forward in time to play inf then decided to name their island sicily?

so tell me folks - what else did inf invent? the mp5 i suppose.

JohnnyT <-- that's me --

Spooge

Digital Content Creator
Jul 9, 2000
TN -USA
www.planetunreal.com
HA!

tisk tisk Johnny...

I believe you are taking this more serious than you should... I don't see anyone else around here getting their panties in a wad about it, cept maybe you.

Relax son, |mX|Alphax was half joking anyway... can't you tell the difference?

HeresJohnny

Oct 19, 2000
?

i fail to see why you single me out as being serious compared with other posters. i didn't realize references to time machines constitutes being serious. i guess i shouldn't take people's belief in such things for granted.

i read something new and silly every day on these forums. heresjohnny was half-joking anyways... couldn't you tell the difference?

JohnnyT <-- that's me --

Spooge

Digital Content Creator
Jul 9, 2000
TN -USA
www.planetunreal.com
Sure... whatever Johnny.

Although sarcasm is a form of joking… after reading your first post again, I don't think you have a handle on it quite yet.

So what your saying is that you didn't intend on coming across like a prick… you are just misread.

HeresJohnny

Oct 19, 2000
what i'm saying

is that you're far too sensitive and uptight. i needn't resort to name-calling to put a point across, but those who frequently require it, don't understand the language of subtle humour.

that's rather juvenile losing your temper isn't it? all you're doing is inviting more response of the crude kind - and if you're really after eloquence, i'd have to ask -why would you do that?

JohnnyT <-- that's me --

Spooge

Digital Content Creator
Jul 9, 2000
TN -USA
www.planetunreal.com
Apparently you still don't have a good grasp of the situation…

Uptight or sensitive, I am not. Amused... remotely, sure.

If I in fact mistook your original post as something other than "coming across like a prick"… then my bad, I call them as I see them. Please except my apologies, didn't mean to hurt your feelings.

I'm happy to see that you are not here with the simple minded intention of **** stirring; it's looked down upon in the Infiltration forum.

HeresJohnny

Oct 19, 2000
unexpected

i expected my next reply to this thread to be another defence, but i see i don't need to!

certainly i wouldn't flame inf, because there is nothing to flame. the team wants realism and puts a lot of hard work into it, and that is appreciated. i do however humour myself by replying to the posts of some fans - and the two shouldn't be confused.

JohnnyT <-- that's me --

Spooge

Digital Content Creator
Jul 9, 2000
TN -USA
www.planetunreal.com
Well good then!

Glad it's all cleared up.

Although I'm an Infiltration fan, I'm also a team member, so you can understand if I seem less than friendly towards those who stir-the-**** for their own amusement. Not that you are doing it, just making a point. :)