What happen to Sigs and Glocks?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Von Clausewitz

Nov 27, 2000
Visit site
As I was scrolling through the armoury, I noticed that it didn't include any Glocks or Sig Sauers. Why not? The Sig 40 is now used by most police and some military forces over the aging Beretta.

So the poll question is: Would anyone like to see a Sig or Glock in future versions of Infiltration? :confused:

ShakKen

Specops Spook
Jan 11, 2000
www.planetunreal.com
Weapon suggestions are disregarded.

shakinfil.jpg

RAzOR

Jan 27, 2000
Visit site
I would be willing to bet that we will see at least a Glock, and probably a SIG after 3.0.
The Glock because some of the team members really like it, and the SIG (maybe in .357?) because it is just too damn cool.

RazoR :D

-------------------------
badass.gif

HanD_of_DarKNesS

Evil Bastard
May 23, 2000
Ottawa, ON (Canada)
Enough with the weapons comments

I find it interesting that people aren't happy with the selection of 25 (including the M203) weapons which are planned for 3.0. Not only that, we know that the Styr Aug will eventually be implemented as well (thanks Shak! :D)

That's more weapons than most games, and the fact that all these weapons are realistically implemented to the fullest, including firing modes and attachments, it make me wonder how much people really want.

I'm not saying that I wouldn't appreciate an enormous selection of weapons for INF, but I don't suggest more weapons because I'd rather see the team focus their efforts on online play, better command support for bots, completing the bulk system, completing the scavenging system, getting a wider selection of player models (I can't wait for those in 2.85 :D), and other items like binoculars and such.

DarKNesS=.gif

For you, the end is near.

Col.Sanders

Oct 12, 2000
Another point is...

when you have full-size automatic weapons, does it really matter what handgun you are carrying?

Talk to a grunt. They use what they are issued because they have it. They know:
1) no amount of whining will get them a different kind of gun;
2) nothing hand-held is completely reliable at stopping a man;
3) and wars are fought with tons of explosives. Little bits of lead don't matter much in the long run.

DEFkon

Shhh
Dec 23, 1999
Visit site
i think people just have a desire to see their favorite gun in a game. I can't blame them. I'm one of the few people that think glocks look darn pretty. :p It really wouldn't have a place in INF since we've alreayd got a 9mm, .45ACP, .44 Mag, and 5.7mm planned. Unless of course someone wants a Glock in .357sig or something else inbetween. :7 but again it really wouldn't be a valued addition, it'd just look pretty.

boom

Eagle-Six-Zero

Dec 28, 2000
Yeah it does mater what kind of handgun you are carrying.
Example:
your in a firefight, you run out of ammo just as an enemy comes around a corner, you dont have time to reload your Primary weapon. What do you do. You whip out your SIG PRO ore Glock 19 and woop some ass. Personally I like handguns more than SUb machine guns. I often just arm myself with the 92f and DE .357 and the Bolt action rifle and go get some. I would like to see a glock or a Sig in the game but as long as there is at least a couple handguns Im cool with that.