Did I get this right?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Tetris L

Smartass
Feb 15, 2000
Germany
cleaned.beyondunreal.com
There is no site yet. Nothing is official about the game by now, except the title.

No comment by Epic yet about MMO. I'm still trying to figure out a way to make Akuma blab out the answer, but that bastard refuses to make a comment. ;)

Until the answer is official, this thread might give you a bit better idea about the situation.

J. Speed

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
Nov 21, 2001
USA
Visit site
Maybe Akuma can tell you if you promise not to disclose any info. All that you have to say to us is [you wont be dissappointed] or give us a hint of some kind.

BTW that screen shot you posted of a soldier reminds me too much of a modern day soldier. I hope they are not doing a modern day warfare game. I doubt it- but that would be a real bummer.

I also dont understand why EPIC is being so tight lipped about the game because just about every kind of conceivable online game is coming out in 2002 and beyond. The only reasoning I see is maybe they are waiting to hit a major milestone or they feel its too early because the game is not slated for release for quite some time.

J. Speed

Nov 21, 2001
USA
Visit site
True Geff on U2. U2 and poss UC should hold me until Epic comes out with the followup.
Also.. how much sense would it make to do a followup to UT and digress to modern day weapons.

J. Speed

Nov 21, 2001
USA
Visit site
What makes you think UW or whatever the title will be called is not a follow up or a continuation of UT?

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
It very well may be... but seeing the direction that Epic is taking the Unreal Engine (deformable terrain, etc.), and the current direction that online gaming is taking, it seems like the most logical path.

fragswill

Charismatic Leader
Mar 21, 2000
Sweden
Seriously, only an idiot would make a follow-up on UT.

It's probably gonna take place in the Unreal universe and that's it.

Ulukai

May 2, 2000
It's a minefield rife with mostly baseless rumour is what it is. And no-one who has signed an NDA will tell you dick, unless they want their ass sued