Crashing in Team Management over Downloaded Models

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

CheshireCat519

Jun 7, 2004
In my Team Management section when in Single Player Mode, a few of my downloaded Models appear for Team selection. The problem is when I happen across two of them (in this case Soria and Athena) Unreal Tournament can't load their data and crashes. Sometimes this results in an all out freeze or, more recently, Unreal 2k4 will crash and I get an Error report babbling about Virtual Memory.

Has anyone else had this problem? / Does anyone know how to fix it? / or, can I remove those two models from the Team Management Selection area without removing them from the "Instant Action" area (where they don't crash the game)?

Thanks much for your time and assistance!!

P.S. The text below is the Critical Error that I receive:

UT2004 Build UT2004_Patch_[2004-05-10_17.18]

CPU: GenuineIntel Unknown processor @ 2269 MHz with 510MB RAM
Video: NVIDIA GeForce4 Ti 4200 with AGP8X (4523)

Ran out of virtual memory. To prevent this condition, you must free up more space on your primary hard disk.

History: FMallocWindows::Malloc <- FMallocWindows::Realloc <- 2DF60000 361321584 FArray <- FArray::Realloc <- 180660792*2 <- UObject::execDelegateFunction <- (GUICharacterListTeam Package.GUICharacterListTeam @ Function XInterface.GUIListBase.IndexChanged : 0018) <- UObject::processEvent <- (GUICharacterListTeam Package.GUICharacterListTeam, Function XInterface.GUICircularList.InternalOnClick) <- UObject::processDelegate <- UGUIComponent::MouseReleased <- (GUICharacterListTeam Package.GUICharacterListTeam) <- UGUIController::MouseReleased <- UGUIController::NativeKeyEvent::LeftMouseClick <- UGUIController::NativeKeyEvent <- UInteractionMaster::MasterProcessKeyEvent <- UEngine::InputEvent <- UWindowsViewport::CauseInputEvent <- UWindowsViewport::UpdateInput <- UViewport::ReadInput <- APlayerController::Tick <- TickAllActors <- ULevel::Tick <- (NetMode=0) <- TickLevel <- UGameEngine::Tick <- Level Untitled <- UpdateWorld <- MainLoop <- FMallocWindows::Free <- FMallocWindows::Realloc <- 676F4C57 0 FArray <- FArray::Realloc <- 0*2 <- FMallocWindows::Free

Last edited:

Cantina_Fly

This space intentionally left blank...
May 12, 2004
Detroit, MI
The models you downloaded were for UT2k3. There is a slight variartion between them and the 2k4 version. Not sure what it is. I downloaded quite a few custom models and they work fine in multi-player, but they crash my single player mode the same way. I never looked for a fix since I stopped playing single player shortly after. It might be something as simple as opening the models in Ureal-Ed and saving them again. I know that's all you had to do to convert maps.

That's just an educated guess on my part mind you.