Unreal Tournament Is Just The Best!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Rambowjo

Das Protoss
Aug 3, 2005
Tapeland
I don't really like GS, but that was a great video, and it highlighted all the right things about why UT was such a great game.

War_Master

May 27, 2005
I gotta agree, it is the best game ever. Even though I haven't played it for a few weeks due to my Borderlands 2 addiction, I will go back to it any time soon, specially on MonsterHunt.

I've also played the later releases like ut2003, ut2004, and ut3 and they still not feel the same as playing the first game. The most I played ut2004 was for 2 weeks online and completely gave it up permanently. I even tried ut3 but once I beat the single player campaign, I never launched the game again or played it online. No matter what games I play or how many games I play, I still go back to the original UT GOTY (UT99).

I think Epic should make a new public patch for it that includes a new renderer and other features from newer engines. If they would do that for UT99, I would be willing to spend whatever they ask for because I know it will be well worth it.

Hellkeeper

Soulless Automaton
Feb 16, 2014
France
hellkeeper.net
No games has me come back like UT2004 does, no game screams of nostaglia like UT2003, no game represents my childhood like UT. UT as a series is the best game ever. Time for some more DOM, CTF and even a bit of BR and invasion.

Razorjack

Lone Walker
Dec 18, 2008
The Netherlands
Great video!

I haven't played it for quite a while, but the music alone is like a mental time machine back to my early teens. UT will forever live on in me.

leilei

ANIME ELF'S !!
Jan 20, 2008
no game screams of nostaglia like UT2003

That's debatable. When I think of UT2003, I definitely don't want to feel how it was "back in the day" when I was massively disappointed by TEH DEMO. The overall physics and size issues, the rather stock-sounding world and weapons, obnoxious sports announcer, the plastic eurostile-powered 'marketing' look and aesthetic, and the blaring soundtrack gave it a corporate 'dork age' feel. UT2004 was still affected by this somewhat, though at different degrees, some worse like the main menu. What baffles me about this the most is that most of the staff involved both at Epic and DE worked on UT before, and why they didn't just continue off where they were as recorded in Sept 2000 but instead redeveloping a whole game from scratch for the Xbox then backported to PC....

I don't like nostalgia filter.

Last edited:

Carbon

Altiloquent bloviator.
Mar 23, 2013
I think someone needs an explanation about what "nostalgia" means. Can you also object to my being sad?

On topic: Good video. Things like this will hopefully keep the strong momentum going on the recent announcement which does have the potential for a calming given the probable length of development.