My comp is flippin out.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

OO7MIKE

Mr. Sexy
May 2, 2000
Nalicity, NC
Mapper-X said:
Windows 2000 = SUCKS big time get XP I have no problem with windows xp

OMG don't make me kill you.

XP=For users who dont want control...just want things to work.
2k=For users who want total control...And don't want any crap.

I was hit by that very same thing last night. No warning of any kind, just suddenly lost cut and paste. Seems that this added to a trojan and some other problem I had dragged out for the last couple months. Finally after i attempted to do a disk error check it wont boot up at all.

So after a few repair attempts and a few stories exchanged with Spiritwalker I finally pulled out my xp drive and installed xp. With in 3 min of plugging in my net cord I got the RPC error and it forced me to reboot rather than let me keep working minus a cut and paste, corrupted control panel and letting me swear some more.
I imediatly knew what this was as I read about it a few weeks back but didnt patch it. Silly me.

Since this is finals week for me ill have to wait till satarday till i can reformat my 120gig drive and put win 2k back on.
If everything goes right ill have to make a totorial with Spiritwalkers help to create an easy set up of windows for an easy recovery of windows just the way you left it with out backing up any more than 80mb.

Hehe

Last edited:

OO7MIKE

Mr. Sexy
May 2, 2000
Nalicity, NC
Im not anti XP, It just doesn't do what i want it to do.
It thinks for you, gets in your way, and makes advanced users swear more.
Stability is nice, but its lacking the options i have learned to use and love.

Some days I wish I just had a G5....then I go to play a game...and that idea is wiped away.

OO7MIKE

Mr. Sexy
May 2, 2000
Nalicity, NC
Yeah, Catfuzz I didnt have the worm on 2k...only on xp so im just thinking that it possibly wont get on 2k...but its worth a scan.

digital-warrior

Awake...
Nov 3, 2001
tx
Visit site
on my 2k machine, I had a very aggrivating problem where everytime I tried to open a folder the cpu would jump to 99%(system in task manager), and I had to ctrl-alt-delete, and restart the comp. Sometimes that did'nt even work. I restarted a few times, and it would try to reinstall my gforce vid card like 20 times. I had to un install all 20+ of them like 4 times. Finally, after a dozen plus reboots, it went back to normal.....Weird.