Mad against Freelance lazy mappers

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

takwu

cXp coder Tak®
Feb 5, 2004
www.mif.vu.lt
guys this thread has gone a little bit off the original topic...
but since you guys started it, I'll give my thoughts.
I never really played Tech, and so one day I tried it, and holy****ing**** I was as "good" as my ranger and gunner which I trained from the start. But it was no fun at all. Easy kills, no skills.
I can say it's super easy to be a Tech. I have not come across ANY player that's good at either classes and not be able to do well being a tech (more likely they're unwilling to do so).
On the other hand, there are many many Techs that can be competitive, and then completely suck when they switch to another class (probably by mistake). About the only thing they can do is switch to ranger and snipe a few rounds and die as soon as someone discovers their location :D
I'm not saying who in particular, but honestly, you know you have seen a lot of these players.
It's one thing to let everyone to compete, it's quite another when battles are lost due to these handicaps. So I can understand all the complains.
The way I see it, I pretend this is singler player. I can play the game at low difficulty (as a Tech) or have more fun at higher difficulty (as Ranger) or have an intense game at high difficulty plus handicaps (as Gunner). Since I started thinking that way, I never had any complains ;)
Hope this helps some of you relief a little. And if it doesn't, don't worry, you'll get over it, haha.

damn

Jan 27, 2004
PRG said:
Actually, there are some ... that's more or less broken.

About the assault rifle, I personally think its pretty damn good. Ask radium, I don't think he'll disagree.

Richteralan

ºØmníºRadium
Feb 6, 2004
Oberlin
petCROW said:
About the assault rifle, I personally think its pretty damn good. Ask radium, I don't think he'll disagree.

the firing cone of assult rifle is big and bullets spread randomly within that cone.
and it needs luck to hit enemy ;)

GotBeer?

The nozzle is now calibrating
Mar 10, 2004
57th State
I also switched to Tech from Gunner for a few days at the beginning of this month. I was surprised how easy it was to start beating my old scores (I know, it's not all about the score...). Don't know what they're bitchin, about.

And like Fireball, I'm better at Gunner than Ranger. Part of it is my 300+ ping, but I also have trouble with Ranger movement (translation=I suck).

-gb?

|g|Hercules

xmp-God & Shotgun Whore
Apr 29, 2004
PRG said:
There's something screwy with every class

Erm, wouldn't that be balance?

I think people are losing sight that the classes ARE balanced, the skill level isn't. I'm not ranking on people and their skill level, but lets face it, that's the real issue.

Personally, as a techie, I loathe having rockets shoved up my ass or being sniped from God knows where, but I don't complain, I just respawn and go about my business. And I usually overcome the more skilled players by sheer determination and doing what the team needs to have done. This is a team game, not an "I can deathmatch better than you" game.

The one's you have to watch out for are the one's that take "fixing" the balance into their own hands.

Xaero

Who Dey!
Oct 11, 2003
Cincinnati
www.xaero.us
|g|Hercules said:
The one's you have to watch out for are the one's that take "fixing" the balance into their own hands.

And then there are those that blindly think XMP is currently perfectly balanced. I like to compare these people to Democrats and Communists. They are told the game is balanced, therefore don't question that fact.

I'm just kidding. ;) :)

FurociousFa

Banned
Apr 1, 2004
MI
um being a tech is easy, being a good tech is a wee bit harder ; )

gunner being hardest? ha... i played ranger/tech for a few months mostly really bad at ranger and an o-k tech, i play gunner one day and get invited to a clan, and dominate myu in terms of kills/caps/points..yes gunn0rs can cap : )

[pet]owl

Jul 13, 2004
wow this thread is liek trying to read a book.........the famous class battle. after many months of playing this wonnderful game i have come to the conclusion that yes i have skill at it, yes it is fun, yes i am better at tech then any other class, as for owning someone in xmp......xmp is a team game crow and fur whip me in a duel no dought but in game a real game i don tthink any class can own the whole game they all have diffrent goals tech-nrg deploys=gunner defense ranger arti cap the class batlle is a rediculous argument to me. find your role play it to your greatest ability.

PRG

XMP Beta Tester
Nov 11, 2003
Visit site
Anyways my point was missed. 4-6 months went into testing the balance. It was pretty good at build 6496-7. Some things were broken with build 7710, which wasn't tested fully. Coincidently, build 7710 was the latest beta build the day Legend was shut down, hence it was moved out the back door and quickly released.

|g|Hercules

xmp-God & Shotgun Whore
Apr 29, 2004
Xaero said:
And then there are those that blindly think XMP is currently perfectly balanced. I like to compare these people to Democrats and Communists. They are told the game is balanced, therefore don't question that fact.

I'm just kidding. ;) :)

As for being a Communist.....I'd say the one that closes threads because he doesn't LIKE them and prevents the freedom of speech, is the communist.

And another thing that perplexes me about you Xaero, is the fact that Owl and I are in agreement, yet you call me a commie and TOTALLY agree with him. WTF is up with that?

I like you Xaero, I really do, but you can be pretty odd at times.

/me waits to be banned

|g|Hercules

xmp-God & Shotgun Whore
Apr 29, 2004
Xaero said:
Hercules...did you even read the last line? I said I was joking.

Lighten up.

K, just kinda worded strange for a joke. o_O

So, I guess I'm not banned then? :lol:

XBrotha

[_X_]IGnite
Apr 3, 2004
Atlanta, GA
www.thexclan.com
|g|Hercules said:
Erm, wouldn't that be balance?

I think people are losing sight that the classes ARE balanced, the skill level isn't. I'm not ranking on people and their skill level, but lets face it, that's the real issue.

Personally, as a techie, I loathe having rockets shoved up my ass or being sniped from God knows where, but I don't complain, I just respawn and go about my business. And I usually overcome the more skilled players by sheer determination and doing what the team needs to have done. This is a team game, not an "I can deathmatch better than you" game.

[pet]owl said:
wow this thread is liek trying to read a book.........the famous class battle. after many months of playing this wonnderful game i have come to the conclusion that yes i have skill at it, yes it is fun, yes i am better at tech then any other class, as for owning someone in xmp......xmp is a team game crow and fur whip me in a duel no dought but in game a real game i don tthink any class can own the whole game they all have diffrent goals tech-nrg deploys=gunner defense ranger arti cap the class batlle is a rediculous argument to me. find your role play it to your greatest ability.

Xaero said:
Owl was pretty much right on the money there. :clap:

PRG said:
Anyways my point was missed. 4-6 months went into testing the balance. It was pretty good at build 6496-7. Some things were broken with build 7710, which wasn't tested fully. Coincidently, build 7710 was the latest beta build the day Legend was shut down, hence it was moved out the back door and quickly released.

ALL GREAT POINTS....YEAH!!! THANK GOD FOR YOU GUYS.....LOL :2thumb:

Last edited:
hey the juggernaut aim was not fixed. you can ask anyone thou, i know exactly how to use it. there is even a bug that you can use to your advantage. that's why if im in the tank you die.

hey im just saying that the only really good things that im good at is getting Gen's, killing ppl with the alt fire on the the shotgun. and i own at the tank. just learn to use it.

Status
Not open for further replies.