Rate The Last Game You Played

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

dub

Feb 12, 2002
You know the the score... except that I guess if the game is multi system, it'd be nice if you added what system you played it on.

Dirt [PC]: 7/10
Wanted a good racing game again, since I haven't played any in a fair while. Dirt kind of disappointed me. Can't quite put my finger on what I didn't like about it, but part of it was the handling that felt a little too arcady for a rally game.

Kou

Augmentations > You
Trackmania Nations Forever: 9/10
I don't like racing games, but speed is awesome. That's what drew me to UT3 and it's also what drew me to NF. I can't get the music out of my head and I see it when I close my eyes.

I am an addict.

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
Dup!

Trackmania Nations Forever -- 6.0 -- Haven't played online and maybe that's where the fun is, but the solo stuff is very frustrating for me. I want to go all gold medals but I'm stuck on the last green-level track with a silver and it's pissing me off. When games piss me off I tend not to play them. Otherwise it's a neat take on arcade racing games.

Nexuiz -- 5.0 -- People disappointed with UT3 have been pimping this but I don't see the point. All the weapons feel pretty much the same -- like rocket launchers or flak cannons but with varying projectile speed. Apparently it's really good for CTF but the game prompts no urge in me to play it.

dub

Feb 12, 2002
merge or delete or something

oh wtf... I even did a search. (thought the last one got caned in the crash)
How did I miss that :hmm: I iz blindz

16MentalTempest

Out to lunch.
Mar 31, 2008
Unreal Gold: 7/10
Okay, don't flame me up, I haven't played much but so far I am very impressed with this classic.

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
No More Heroes 9/10 - Stylish, brutal, and sexy at times. Nuff said. Higher score prevented because of the tedious grindage for money near the end
Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess 9.5/10 - Couple of things pissed me off towards the end that kept it from getting a perfect. Plus
Super Mario Galaxy 9.5/10 - Super Mario 64 + a tiny bit more awesomeness
Metroid Prime 2 Echoes 8.5/10 - Finally after 2 years I completed this. I originally would have given it a 9 but the bosses borderline cheap in some instances(partly due to having to try and lock on to the buggers)

Pending games
Turok(pc)
GTAIV
Xenosaga II & III
Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles
Ninja Gaiden Sigma

Last edited:

saracen16

Certified Flak Monkey
Apr 23, 2008
Sands of Arabia
Whoa. I smell the drugs all the way from my monitor. In other news...

Deus Ex: 10/10
Amazingness in its purest form.

C'mon, man. Don't hate on a Deus-Ex fan. The reason I gave it a 9.5 out of 10 was b/c of Deus Ex 1. I still like both games, though.

PainAmplifier

Evil by Example
Odin Sphere (PS2) It goes to 11! This game is just destroying me. I sit down to play for a little bit and time just evaporates. The graphics are mid blowing 2D, it's like playing a piece of F'ing art. The sounds are very good and even the voice acting is done well. (OK, so the Story is pretty standard, but it's done well...)

It's kinda like some crack fusion of Legend of Zelda 2, Strider and the Johnny Depp Willy Wonka Movie with an RPG frosting and just a hint of American McGee's Alice.

Strangest thing about it, was at first I was kinda just at the 'ok, good game' level...but by the time I got to the second boss, I was shifting that 'just a little bit more' monkey a bit higher on my back with every minute. (You have been warned.)