Battle-Field 3

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Lagswitch anyone? :p

Also, apparently "changing player models or textures, increasing the field view,and modifying the brightness" is listed as 'cheating' on the Wiki page for online cheats
lolwut
You better be careful, too, because change your FOV too much and they will ban you. They won't just ban you from BF3, they will ban your entire Origin account making you lose access to every game you have ever purchased or added to your account. Smooth move, DICE.

Mar 6, 2004
You better be careful, too, because change your FOV too much and they will ban you. They won't just ban you from BF3, they will ban your entire Origin account making you lose access to every game you have ever purchased or added to your account. Smooth move, DICE.

Lol, talk about a big lawsuit waiting to happen. Good thing i'll never buy a game for their crappy Origin account, just demos where i'll play for free.

Last edited:

SleepyHe4d

fap fap fap
Jan 20, 2008
Swallowed those words yet? :D

You don't even realize how excited I was starting up the beta and how far those hopes, dreams and expectations fell and were crushed deep into the ground. :lol:

Good thing I never pre-order games though. I'll wait till I see some post-release gameplay videos and maps, ect. Maybe the beta was just a fail. Still, it feels even more consolized than BC2, which is sad as hell.

Another game I wanted to get was Rage, but I think I'll wait to see if the patches fix much. -.-

Last edited:

Wulff

Bola Gun fun anyone?
May 25, 2004
Netherlands
If you ever go Tank vs Tank in the beta, just get out as soon as your tank is disabled, repair, hop back in, this way tank battles can go on forever.

dragonfliet

I write stuffs
Apr 24, 2006
If you ever go Tank vs Tank in the beta, just get out as soon as your tank is disabled, repair, hop back in, this way tank battles can go on forever.

If someone ever jumps out of their tank in a battle, shoot it again. It will blow up.

Vaskadar

It's time I look back from outer space
Feb 12, 2008
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Fuck, since almost everything is Clientside, this game is dropping off my radar until EA gets their heads out of their asses, if ever.

I mean, even if Brink sucked, at least it didn't have any major hacking issues.

Cr4zyB4st4rd

I make awesome ©
Aug 8, 2008
P'Boro, UK
totally clientside w/o any server sanity checks? no excuse for that..

as much as I hate hax, that's kinda funny :lol:

There are server side checks, but they're fucked or something as hacked ammo only does damage to players, and not destructible things.

Also, vehicles suck big time :(

And this client side hitreg is just, wtf. :/

Kyllian

if (Driver == Bot.Pawn); bGTFO=True;
Aug 24, 2002
kyllian.deviantart.com
I really do dislike any form of client-side or hybrid client/server hitreg. I know it's supposed to give high ping players a chance, but it usually just ends up granting an advantage

Bi()ha2arD

Toxic!
Jun 29, 2009
Germany
phobos.qml.net
The way it is now they have a HUGE advantage. You as a low ping player pop out of cover, fire a couple of shots, go back into cover, 2 seconds later you drop dead. Because aparantly you aren't behind cover for the guy with 300 ping that is shooting at you. It also results in seemingly one-shot kills with weapons that do like 15 damage.

Rambowjo

Das Protoss
Aug 3, 2005
Tapeland
I honestly have no idea how they managed to ruin it this much. They had a formula once that worked with great success. Apparently they threw that out the window for this horseshit.

Hadmar

Queen Bitch of the Universe
Jan 29, 2001
Nerdpole
I suppose "don't ever trust the client" is too hard a lesson to learn even after Sony's PSN fuckup rang the media bells for months.