ONS-Tropic-32p done & ready for fragging in

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

[C]HùñtêR|PuF

Feb 1, 2000
Visit site
howdy!

some of you guys might remember me from the olden days of UT as ]LoL[hunter or [iam]hunter

if you do, you know i've always been a mappin fool, so after i got some requests to remake my year old ONS-Tropic and fix its bugs for 32 player matches, i dove right in.

here is what came out of my UE 3.0:

http://nalicity.beyondunreal.com/map_hub.php?mid=8453

if you have a server that runs ONS-Tropic or ONS-Tropicnightfall, check this one out, because you'll probably swap this one out with them.

thanks!

[C]HùñtêR|PuF

Feb 1, 2000
Visit site
neilthecellist said:
This map was also out on Unreal Playground....pretty nice map, if you were to ask me! :)

thanks! yes, i put it on UP as well.

i made ons-tropic back in the day when there were basically no beach textures/meshes available. since the ece pak came i was able to update the appearance of the map with ons-islandhop's custom-tailored textures and meshes. dont worry though, i've made my own collision for those palm trees so they don't eat your vehicles and kill you :)

along with this and some heavy item balancing thanks to beta testing, its something i'd say is thoroughly polished. the horrible terrain-fall bug was sealed for good, along with some other annoyances (stick places for vehicles & humans). like i said, ons-tropic and tropicnightfall are basically obsolete after this...replace them in your map rotations with this badboy.

to make thread more interesting...

tropic15en.jpg

pretty action shot

tropic22ul.jpg

gg's guarenteed!!1

Last edited by a moderator:

[C]HùñtêR|PuF

Feb 1, 2000
Visit site
the IP for that server is ut2004://217.77.176.198:7777
its a votemap system, so vote for it at round end 8)

more screenies...these are just the ones i used for the menu select shots. they are pwetty though.

tropic47xi.jpg

tropic55qr.jpg

you can see the volumetric light pretty good in this shot:
tropic34gn.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Taleweaver

Wandering spirit
May 11, 2004
Off course
neilthecellist said:
holy smokes! THIRTY TWO BOTS??

EDIT: Oops, I mean: THIRTY TWO PLAYERS??

What? You never heard of the grrrreat Titan Onslaught server? It's about the best onslaught server there is...in Europe, at least (comparable to Cain's Lair in the US).
the community over there does a really good effort of making & converting onslaught maps to 32 players. I haven't played this map in particular, but if it can get a 7-page thread with feedback on beta's, you'll understand that just about everything is taking care of. All other things aren't problems...they're features :)

@hunterw: good job* :tup: I see you submitted the map for reviewing at UP. I must warn you that it will take a long time before that will get one, because there are currently 57 maps in front of you, and I'm practically on my own on that queue :(

*I have played the normal version on the server quite some times

dub

Feb 12, 2002
Good to see a mapper up-dating his work :tup:
Real fun map, one of my favourites atm, in Titan rotation.