Vol 3 Reviews

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Plutonic

Apr 8, 2001
www.plutonicdesign.com
Thanks for the reviews :-D

BTW ... sounds like there was an issue with a fallback texture appearing incorrectly in Collision Course, and I would like to fix that. Your hardware specs suggest that this should not happen. It didn't show up in testings, unfortunately.

Can you tell me which two windows you saw the default texture in please?

Last edited:

TheSpoonDog

CBP3! Yarrr!
Jun 1, 2001
NZ
spoondog.beyondunreal.com
Tbh, your hardware spec suggest that you shouldn't get bad framerates on Enslaved aswell. Maybe.

I have an intel Q6600 CPU (entry level quad core) and single 8800GT... I guess that's *decent* but not excessively powerful. It runs really smooth on it anyway (same with all the other maps), but I would've thought your core2 duo & SLI 8600GTs should run it smooth aswell. Just seems weird!

Firefly

United Kingdom is not a country.
Thanks for the reviews :-D

BTW ... sounds like there was an issue with a fallback texture appearing incorrectly in Collision Course, and I would like to fix that. Your hardware specs suggest that this should not happen. It didn't show up in testings, unfortunately.

Can you tell me which two windows you saw the default texture in please?

I'm at work at the moment but when I get back I'll send you screenshots.

Tbh, your hardware spec suggest that you shouldn't get bad framerates on Enslaved aswell. Maybe.

I have an intel Q6600 CPU (entry level quad core) and single 8800GT... I guess that's *decent* but not excessively powerful. It runs really smooth on it anyway (same with all the other maps), but I would've thought your core2 duo & SLI 8600GTs should run it smooth aswell. Just seems weird!

Multiple emitters always cause slowdown for me. I know they're the culprit because when they not in view the frames can jump to 30+. In fact, in Enslaved, everywhere else the frames were fine.

I keep my set-up the same for all maps that I review. Not just hardware but software as well. I also run 3 different anti spyware programs before testing any map. I'm meticulous (if not a little anal) in keeping my PC optimised.

Also, if I get frame rate issues whith any map I review then I always open it up in the editor and investigate.

These are my UT3 settings I use when reviewing.
1440x900
All details switched on to the highest.
The settings on the card are AA and AF switch off.
I get around 30 in the stock maps with these settings. I switch to 1680 x 1050 when taking the screenshots.

Hope that lot helps explain things. Anything else please ask as I'm only too happy to talk about things like this (plus it's a very quiet monday at work ;)).

Last edited: