Unreal Tournament 99 Ultimate WIP

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Nephew9999

Aug 9, 2011
Inspirated on UT2004 and Blackcheeta Mod and Xpickups
Video of Skins
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRo9SRtqS4o
Gameplay
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57ArY8FOXyo
Coming soon the Updated Video from weapons and muts
Shot0002-5.jpg

Shot0000-6.jpg

War_Master

May 27, 2005
wow, I never knew the meaning of shitty until I saw this....

and also, I can clearly tell that you're related with blackcheetah because of everything you do and post about... no offense, but who are you kidding? :lock:

Nephew9999

Aug 9, 2011
wow, I never knew the meaning of shitty until I saw this....

and also, I can clearly tell that you're related with blackcheetah because of everything you do and post about... no offense, but who are you kidding? :lock:

is that your best? dont like..dont comment.. thats easy..

Jul 2, 2004
So is this another conversion of the UT2k4 player models? If so, I highly suggest you download the file below. BlackCheetah had sent me all his work on the last pack he did, and I spent several months updating the skins and fixing the bugs. I actually went through and added Green/Yellow teams to EVERY skin in the pack, as well as improved the Red/Blue teams. I also added talk pics, and improved some default skins. I didn't do a quick hackjob or anything; I actually spent a great deal of time on the team skins and talk pics, so they would fit in with the other default UT99 skins. Even the sunglasses of the player skins change color!

The only reason I never released this upgrade was because I wasn't happy with the model animations of BlackCheetah's conversions. However, if you are going to update them again - please use my updated skins! Maybe then my hours of work wouldn't have gone to waste. This will save you weeks of extra time adding team skins and talk pics yourself. Seriously!

Download the pack here. It contains all source code that Cheetah sent me, in addition to the main files. This is a fully working version of the UT2k4 conversions, but with some missing and funky animations.
http://www.mediafire.com/?wse3tpgpdsrceb7

Also, if you release this, can you PLEASE make a version of the UT2k4 models that use the default UT player code? In other words, make it so we can use the models in default gametypes with no double jumping and other funky code if we want to. Black Cheetah's mod forced all the UT2k4 player conversions to have UT2k4 jumping/dodging behavior. I had to root through the code for hours in order to make them behave like regular UT models in my upgraded pack. The UT2k4 conversion is a good idea and all, but I'm more interested in seeing a perfect conversion of the player models that behave like UT99 models, with regular dodging and jumping.

Last edited:

dr.flay

Dr.Flay™
Sep 19, 2011
Kernow, UK
yourunreal.wordpress.com
WARNING - This contains a lot of SH*T

@Nevzat
Good question.
Of course, it is still UT99, but adding several 2K4 style mods and extras into 1 mod (not sure if he's using the UT Community SDK).
You can just play an original map, or use a weapon swapper mutator to choose your layout.
The Xpickups system was made a while back, and is an integral part of the UT99.org community pack maps.
I like a mix with Chaos weapons, Wormbos enhanced items, and Xpickups.

...*sigh*...*intake of breath* :rolleyes:
@War Master.
I guess that "shitty" attitude is how you would like the rest of us here to critique your work.
Where should we begin?
...Or would you rather we treat you as an adult?

Elsewhere feedback to Nephew9999 on this mod has been mixed, but until you, the small amount of negative feedback was well made and constructive.
As someone who is himself interested in editing for UT, you should know better.

After reading some of your posts I could easily rip into you. With over 20 years of IT behind me, I could make you look like a fool.
Actually there are a couple where...
No I'm no troll, I'll give you 1.
..1 that may save your ass in future (coz I'm nice like that).

Remember that Virus you had, and posted about?
:( You didn't get rid of it, you just backed it up into another restore point.
Restore points work both ways (in-case you change your mind), so unless you deleted your restore points, it would have hung around until Windows reclaimed the space (please don't give out any more system tech advice).
A good AV package would have found it buried there, so you either didn't use one (pretty shitty idea), or use one that is "shitty".
Thereby getting me nicely back round to your statement.

You obviously don't recognise "shitty" even when it shits a big shit in your face.
"shitty" is your attitude, to other peoples work.
Your "shitty" choice of browser, and "shitty" web browsing habits got you a "shitty" virus, which your "shitty" AV (if you even had one), let shit in your computer, and made Windows turn a "shitty" shade of shit.

Do you think you know the meaning yet? :Poop:

As a "shitty" writer of shit, I could keep this shit up for ages, but enough of this shit. I'm off for a ...
..."Spliffy"
Hopefully it's not shitty!
for that would be a pity. :lol:

@Lightning_Hunter
Nice one :2thumb: I expect that will come in handy.
I kind of agree about the double-jump, but from the point of view that it should always be down to the player or host's choice.
In fact I actually favour the extra jumps, as I've used the "2k4movement" mutator in UT for many years. I have it set to quad-jump, and find the "wall-dodge" is very useful (when you get the damn hang of it!).

I'm not sure how much coding Nephew has done with this, but theoretically not a lot needs to be done, if the right mutators and mods and models, work together (I regularly run over 30 mutators at a time (quite a balancing act).
The last thing I want is a "standard UT" ! (It's why I stopped playing Quake, and never looked back)...and then there's UnrealEd
If I want standard, I play Unreal or an SP mod...(with HiRes textures)...OK and maybe just a few mutators. the OldSkool mod does let you...err...um..OK.OK...cheat.
Ahhh the joy of UT. In fact I think with OldSkool and this installed, you have it all ! :D

I doubt we'll ever get the same animations as 2K4. I've tried several conversion packs (including UC2, Halo and Halflife2) and it never seems to be as good as some of the individual models people have for U1 engine.
Imported animation seems to suffer, or maybe it shows up the difference between a modeller and an animator (and there are less of both these days).

Nephew9999

Aug 9, 2011
Also, if you release this, can you PLEASE make a version of the UT2k4 models that use the default UT player code? In other words, make it so we can use the models in default gametypes with no double jumping and other funky code if we want to. Black Cheetah's mod forced all the UT2k4 player conversions to have UT2k4 jumping/dodging behavior. I had to root through the code for hours in order to make them behave like regular UT models in my upgraded pack. The UT2k4 conversion is a good idea and all, but I'm more interested in seeing a perfect conversion of the player models that behave like UT99 models, with regular dodging and jumping.

Wow ill try this.... and yeah im working on the default player UTcode...its not a easy proj.. but i want to release a cool and complete mod for UT99 fans and 2K4 Lovers :p , the skin pack from da mod is about 205 mb
ill check that file.. sounds great..
tnx!
:clap:

@Dr.Flay
I guess that "****ty" attitude is how you would like the rest of us here to critique your work.
Where should we begin?
...Or would you rather we treat you as an adult?

Indeed xP

Exus Tecius

like diamonds in the sky
Sep 24, 2003
Visit site
i fully agree.we have some jealous asses here arround who like to talk shit about BC,knowing he is banned.why actually he was banned ? i cant understand it.the mod who did that made a mistake imo.seriously.
BC was a nice guy and made alot of new and fun stuff.to many fun ppl left and to many haters survived.
:tup:

Edit: screenshots look very promising.looking forward to a release.

Gizzy

The Banhammer Cometh
May 30, 2009
United Kingdom
People have already converted the ACTUAL UT2004 Player/Weapon/Everything models to Unreal 1. (And not the retarded rips from BlackCheetah's mod, which I kinda liked seeing as how horribly it was presented)

leilei

ANIME ELF'S !!
Jan 20, 2008
imo the ultimate UT is vanilla

This pack looks like it suffers high-end-2003 disease and appears like an uncanny novelty in general.

to each their own

Gizzy

The Banhammer Cometh
May 30, 2009
United Kingdom
If somebody can be bothered (Not me) I can send them all the UT2004 weapon models. A decent conversion needs to happen, it would be pretty cool I think