Is UnReal Tournament a game to get ?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

HoneyPlex

Dec 3, 1999
Whitby, Ontario, Canada
Visit site
Does UT have strafing animation?
Is UT one of the quake style gameplay action games where people are always strafing and constantly jumping in circles and rocket jumping?
Is UT a game that leads more toward realism instead of action mayhem?
Are the models silly looking and cartoonish?
Do the weapon models on the player model (seen on another player) look too large?

Please try to answer all these questions wiht lots of detail. I may get this game if it's like CounterStrike for HalfLife, or could at least relate. GO RAPTORS!

L_S

Nov 24, 1999
Get
it
now.

bullet2.gif

If you have any problems with what I just said then I welcome you to click here.

Harkonis

Dec 2, 1999
Visit site
I don't know about strafing animations, but the weapon models don't look to big to me, they look about the same size as the pickup models of the weapons. Also, the game DEFINITLY is geared towards action more than realism. Personally I prefer realism to the point that most people find it tedious, but I figure someone will eventually do a realistic mod. All in all, the game is definitly worth the 40-60 bucks you'll spend and you will have fun if you even remotely like FPS.

bullet2.gif

Harkonis

Zaccix

Truth, by Banksy
Nov 10, 1999
London, UK
There's always gonna be people who circlestrafe, because it's their thing. UT does have less circlestrafers IMO because there's more kewl ways to use the weapons. (C/strafing with a sniper rifle? Yeah right).

L_S

Nov 24, 1999
So Honey, I've been dying to know all this time, did ya get it???????

Morety

The Farterator
Feb 23, 2000
Toronto
www.legionoflions.com
I just dunno.

Someone comes to a board of UT players and asks if they like the game? Well, like it's f*cking brain surgery what the answer's gonna be.

"No, don't get this game. It sux. I just post here for fun, the game is no good, don't buy it."

Yeah right.

Tetris L

Smartass
Feb 15, 2000
Germany
cleaned.beyondunreal.com
UT's gameplay is closer to Q's than to HL's. Fastpaced action and lots of 1-on-1 dogfighting, cyclestrafing, rocketdancing, ... If you don't like that, UT is probably not the game for you.

On the other hand UT has the sniper rifle, which is very HL-like. You may like that one.

I'd say: Simply download the demo and try if you like it. :)

Kilham

Lost in RL
Oct 11, 2000
Scotland
clanrsu.com
Sorry

just in a mad mood-
but could you expect a sane reply to an 11 month old thread asking a load of UT players if the game's worth buying?
Of course!

<sorry>.