Shield stuff

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
So i pick the 50a and 100a
I now have 150a

Then someone hit me a tad, i drop to like 79a, then i pick the 50 a and it raise of like 30-40 armor.

It seems, that technicaly the armor act as 2. If you pick the 50a, and then try to pick another one you will stay at 50 maxed out. While the 100a have no limit up to 150a.

It gets a little confusing, especialy when you use the booster adren combo and then pick a shield while adren-ganing shield.

m&ms

Melts in your mouth, not in your hand.
Jul 13, 2003
in a bag....duh
Visit site
Yeah, that's pretty much how it works on a simple basis, but you haven't gone deep enough into the confusion that is shields.

First of all, I believe that booster acts exactly as 100 shield, in that it stacks on itself, and doesn't hurt your ability to gain the full impact of any other shield.

Also, when you take damage, your health decreases simultaneously, depending on how much shield you have. For example, if you get hit with 150 shield your health won't take any hit, but with less shield your health will begin to decrease more and more.

Now for the real fun part: only one shield can take damage at a time.
Try this little example:
1. get a 50 shield
2. get hit by 2 link shots
3. get up a 100 shield and get back to 100 health (currently at 120 shield, 100 health)
4. get hit by 3 link shots
5. pick up 3 health vials to get up to 99 health, 47 shield (total of 146)
6. now get hit by a headshot
Given this example, you will die by the headshot, despite having 7 more health/armor than the weapon does damage.

ALG

Gallardo
Jul 26, 2005
WI, with the other pro gamers
Even more fun. Try having getting this:
1 full 50A
1 point of 100A left
139 Health

so you should have 139/51

Headshot.

You die!

The 100 takes damage till its gone (1) then all the rest goes to your health ignoring the 50A until the next shot.

GG!

Maxx

Bite Me
Dec 19, 2003
m&ms said:
Try this little example:
1. get a 50 shield
2. get hit by 2 link shots
3. get up a 100 shield and get back to 100 health (currently at 120 shield, 100 health)
4. get hit by 3 link shots
5. pick up 3 health vials to get up to 99 health, 47 shield (total of 146)
6. now get hit by a headshot
Given this example, you will die by the headshot, despite having 7 more health/armor than the weapon does damage.
tbh I never thought of trying that in such ways :eek:

edhe

..dadhe..
Jun 12, 2000
Scotland
www.clanci.net
There's been a shield bug about for a long long time. It's as old as the 'if you can't see/hear a person they won't exist until they shoot you in the back' bug.