PS2 mouse error, how do I disable it!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

rattyocaster

Up close and personal Sniper
Jul 26, 2002
United Kingdom
www.jordanappleton.co.uk
I currently have a PC running windows 98, it currently has a keyboard connected to it and it's not brilliant but it's working. As it is, I would like to use the computer over the network (therefore no keyboard or mouse required) using some form of VNC. Only thing is, booting up without a mouse isn't possible since Windows 98 shows the "no PS2 Mouse Detected" error...How do I get rid of it...WITHOUT CONNECTING A MOUSE

Bono

Third Eye Open
Sep 25, 2004
Germany
rattyocaster said:
Only thing is, booting up without a mouse isn't possible since Windows 98 shows the "no PS2 Mouse Detected" error...
If it's a BIOS error you can disable it. Open your BIOS, search for 'Halt on Error' and set it to nothing or 'No' or whatever it is called in your BIOS version. Then your computer should be able to boot without mouse or keyboard.

In case it's a Windows problem, here's a hint I have found in a forum:
Boot Windows, open the control panel and select 'Accessibility Options', go to 'Mouse' and enable 'Mouse Keys'. Now your OS 'thinks' there's a mouse attached.
I haven't tried it myself and can't tell whether it works or not.

rattyocaster

Up close and personal Sniper
Jul 26, 2002
United Kingdom
www.jordanappleton.co.uk
or...attach a keyboard and
1. Press Shift+Tab (By this I mean hold shift and press tab, then release shift), this will highlight the option for “do not show this message again”
2. Press the space bar, this will check the “Do not show this message again” so in future, the message will no longer be displayed upon the booting of the system
3. Press tab again to highlight the “OK” button and then press the space bar to press the “OK” button and load up Windows.

Yeah I figured it out LOL

Bono

Third Eye Open
Sep 25, 2004
Germany
rattyocaster said:
Yeah I figured it out LOL
I just stumbled across this topic lately and remembered your thread. So I thought: "Better late than never." No offense meant :D