About making .u file

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Helgso

Helgso
Dec 5, 2005
Iceland
www.tv.is
Hey all, I have UT2K4 and I was wondering somebody could tell me how to make .u file of a .Int file. I am translating UT2K4 to Icelandic for my Personal use and I saw that not all that i have already translated to icelandic appeared as i wrote. I edited XWeapons.Int to icelandic and i hope somebody can tell me how to make another XWeapons.u instead of the old so the transelate would go right.

Can anybody help me to make a .u file of .Int file?
(P.S. I know how to use DOS)

Wormbo

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 4, 2001
Germany
www.koehler-homepage.de
You should never attempt to modify, recompile or otherwise mess with the .U files. If you think the INT file you are modifying does not contain all neccessary entries, you can always try "UCC DumpInt <package name>". Also, the missing entries might be inherited from a parent class, e.g. it might be in Engine.int section [Weapon] if it's missing in XWeapons.int section [ShockRifle], because "XWeapons.ShockRifle" is a subclass on "Engine.Weapon".

pospi

Jun 30, 2003
www.pospi.cjb.net
but yeah you don't turn int files into u files or anything, that's not how it works.

the game is set up so that you don't have to modify the u files to change languages. For example, engine.u has engine.int, engine.det, engine.est, engine.frt, engine.itt - these are the localisation files that contain all the strings for engine.u in the languages english, german, spanish, french and italian respectively.