Launch X-LOC

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

cryco

Quasi-Genius
Nov 23, 2000
Montreal, Canada
Visit site
I know one can propell the translocator really far with impact hammer... Do you just throw it in the air and hit it on the way down? Is there another better way?
Any other weapon that can do this?(launch transloc)
I'm working on my transloc skills, and would appreciate any answer.....
cryco|PuF

Arkive

May 10, 2000
members.home.com
Heh...this could have turned into a "Redeemer in November" thread if Morety hadn't given this guy a heads up. Had IB_Bangin found this thread first, I can only imagine the "direction" he would have given :D. I'm having the hilarious visual of a whole slew of new players standing by their bases on Face, hurling their xloc in the air, and then fumbling to bring up their IH and get it charged in time to try and hit it across the map. If anyone could do that consistently, or at all, I would be really impressed. Sorta comparable to an outfielder dropping his glove and glasses in the middle of trying to catch a mile high fly ball with the sun in his eyes.

cryco

Quasi-Genius
Nov 23, 2000
Montreal, Canada
Visit site
I appreciate your promptness Morety. I guessed it spared me some excess bla-bla ;)

It was a good link, quite interesting, but your reply was the only bit that addressed my question....:)
thanx
cryco|PuF

|H|Alarion

Neighborhood godless fragger
Mar 30, 2000
Yorktown, VA
www.rabid-wolf.com
If anyone could do that consistently, or at all, I would be really impressed.

I can do this :) not exactly "consistently" but I can get it.. once i get in a groove, I can get it maybe 3 out of 10 times :)

How far does it go? Well, lets just say I can knock it from BEHIND the red base in LavaGiant, and end up in the lava BEHIND the BLUE base :D

It's not practical to use in a real match though ;)

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
Let's see...we have telepunting and now potential telewhackers batting their beacons across the map? :)

I'm not a big fan of that anyhow. I hope that Epic sees fit to cause it to break your beacon in future implementations.

cryco

Quasi-Genius
Nov 23, 2000
Montreal, Canada
Visit site
well, Arkive, it would look kinda funny having a bunch of people tossing the transloc into the air and then waiting to hit it :) ....looking up, and perfectly vulnerable to a slew of Rockets..... It's easier to get it on the first (and only) bounce.
But like Morety said, kneeling will work better (gotta admit, I did not try it)...
Hey Rooster, last night at home I tried that with the ASMD, but could not find a good use for that exept that it was cool and totaly random....
I think I will develop some new way to do this... I'll come up with something.

cryco|PuF

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
I guess everyone has their preference, and I certainly think that telepunting is an interesting diversion, but I just think it's kind of cheap in a game. If I want to skeet shoot, I'll go pick up one of the Wal-Mart Hunting-Type games. I got UT because it's player to player combat.

But hey, to each his own.

The Shock-punt thing sounds interesting, Rooster. I wonder just how far it goes. Maybe a map like CTF-Templar would be big enough to try it out.

JuiceEggsMcKenna

MC68060/50
Aug 31, 2000
Australia
clivebarker.net
Originally posted by Morety
Anyone care for a long distance "Skeet" shooting competition? Play on Lava and see who can shoot it the farthest. lol

Skeet shooting is actually my prefered gamemode for DM-KGalleon. One guy jumps off the crows nest and the other one has to hit him with the primary shock before he reaches the water.

Mrukk

Inhuman
May 10, 2000
Baltimore, MD
I was interested yesterday while playing Face on the Roost to come across some guy doing a telepunt in the heat of battle. The enemy flag-carrier had got away from us just over the ridge, and I started tl'ing like mad up the slope... next to me I see some guy drop his beacon and in one fluid motion punt the thing over the ridge in order to catch up quick! I was most impressed :)

Still - I was the one that got the carrier just before he turned into the flag room hehe... but it was an interesting thing to see!

Morety

The Farterator
Feb 23, 2000
Toronto
www.legionoflions.com
Originally posted by hal
If I want to skeet shoot, I'll go pick up one of the Wal-Mart Hunting-Type games.

The Shock-punt thing sounds interesting, Rooster. I wonder just how far it goes.

Skeet shooting was a reference to throwing the xloc up in the air and shooting it with the shock. I'll try and be more clear next time.