UT Server-Only Version

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

WebSlinger

bNotNegative != False
Feb 29, 2000
Oklahoma City, OK
I installed the UT Server-Only Version, here's my buglist:
I connected to the server with UT v420

1. Bots "Glide around" no animations
2. When players die they do not fall to the ground, but remain standing
2. On Some Maps (DM-Rage) I can't even move!
3. When bots taunt, they say things like "Somebody get our flag back!" or "I've got your back"

Did Epic actually release this?

Tetris L

Smartass
Feb 15, 2000
Germany
cleaned.beyondunreal.com
Well, it's a server-only version, and you use it for what it is not supposed to be used for: as a client. Doesn't surprise me that it doesn't work. Maybe those things were even put in on purpose to prevent that this (free!) version for servers is abused to play.

WebSlinger

bNotNegative != False
Feb 29, 2000
Oklahoma City, OK
no, no, no

No, I installed the Server-only version on "Machine A", then connected TO it with a UT v420 Client on "Machine B". Please, I didn't try to run the UT server as a Client, I'm sorry if it came across that way

Tetris L

Smartass
Feb 15, 2000
Germany
cleaned.beyondunreal.com
I better shut up as I don't know much about this.

Disclaimer: I have not been here and I havn't said anything. This message will destroy itself in 10 ... 9 ... 8 ... 7 ....

I only wanted to add that I just had a good laugh when I read your signature, SC. :D

Nemephosis

Earning my Infrequent Flier miles
Aug 10, 2000
So have you fixed these bugs yet? ;)

(hey you linked to this post :p)

Oct 22, 2002
Visit site
You don't know me Webslinger, I just left the Unreal community because the servers were getting empty and I am looking for something new.

If you're here a year from now i'll wish you a happy forum birthday.

Zur

surrealistic mad cow
Jul 8, 2002
WebSlinger said:
1. Bots "Glide around" no animations
2. When players die they do not fall to the ground, but remain standing
2. On Some Maps (DM-Rage) I can't even move!

All these problems could be linked to the absence of hi res textures on either client or server.