AAA!!! Fear Ghost Recon!!!!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Will you stick with Inf or go to Ghost Recon?

• Infiltration Forever!

Votes: 33 71.7%
  • Ghost Recon!

Votes: 3 6.5%
  • Mix of Both, I'm a Fence Sitter

Votes: 10 21.7%

• Total voters

DallasStarsRule

making personal insults since 1999
Nov 7, 2001
Toronto
www.teammuf.com
Two clans in ilcr have dropped out already of the primary league in order to make time for Ghost Recon. I played the demo...and while it is a cool single player game...I don't think it can replace Inf mulitplayer. Still...I am uneasy...the force is strong with this one.

I proably will get this game for christmas...but I will remain an Inf player until such a time the ilcr dies. Nevertheless Inf is gonna take quite a hit from Ghost Recon.

My main hope for the future of Inf as we know it is that someone makes an aimbot real fast and distributes it to everyone... destroying online Ghost Recon play.

Then they all come crawling back to Inf....MWAHAHAHAHA!

Man I hope Warren and Deppo gets that mission orientated game mode on real fast. Team deathmatch looks kinda shabby against GR...i gotta admit.

So you guys...I don't post here much cuz for some reason I never see any of y'all.... but if there is hope it lies in the proles...no seriously this is the biggest forum =).

Will you convert to Ghost Recon? or will you remain with Inf?

Faded Soul

Sniper
Apr 30, 2001
New York State
www.backyards.com
Can't stand any other FPS unless it has INF-like (damned near 100%) controls and such... care less about spiffy graphics, if it doesnt function like INF (eg using the gun with the Sights and not a crosshair etc...) I don't play it.. even though I have the Demo of GR, I have yet to play it rofl.. anyhow I think I'd stick with INF, cuz, I am just so attached.

DialAJunk

fl;ksisj
May 1, 2000
Denver, CO
Agreed

INF is very in depth. And I am sure its been in development a lot longer that Ghost Recon...

Therefore INF has just about every feature I could want, it just needs some serious bug fixing.
I wish I knew how to do that.

FiringAimlessly

NOT going to waste another minute on CS!
Sep 18, 2001
The character-specific aim/conefire works well when dealing with managing several different units in a single-player game, but when you're playing as one and only one soldier I'll take iron-sights aiming any day.

Plus INF has better gunshot sounds iMO.

yurch

Swinging the clue-by-four
May 21, 2001
USA, Maryland.
Visit site
Infiltration is in-development. GR is not. So when they get bored and start howling for mods... our next version will be coming out, and we will have a whole new inf to play with. For free :D
Eat that.

I don't like Ghost Recon much...it has the same frustrating half-slow, half-fast action of SWAT 3, the same annoying crosshairs, the same annoying timer-icons instead of reload/weapon change animations.

GR has a few good things, such as get up / get down keys to switch between stand/crouch/prone, but Infiltration is the uncontested champion of realism games.

LieLestoSbrat

Can You Count? Sucka's
Inf rules. GR sucks I got GR on friday and I had completed it by then, so in my view it was a waste of £30. And in my view it don'y get in my top 3 games list.
1)Deus Ex
2)Inf
3)OFP

I also think for a finished game GR is way to buggy, when compared to Inf. Then you have got the factors of no 1st person weapon models, stupid sounds, Ultimate in crap AI and so on.

Last edited:

DallasStarsRule

Nov 7, 2001
Toronto
www.teammuf.com
Well thats good to hear. After testing GR some more I think that it is only better than Inf in single player. But that not saying much =).

The good thing is that everyone I know who plays Inf is diehard addicted. Hopefully ghost recon will only be a temporary distraction.

The crosshairs sook arse!

Bullzeye

A damn shifty character...
Jan 30, 2001
I'm lost...
IRONSITES ALL THE WAY

I have GR and I love it because, well, it's a Clancy game, but it will never replace INF and the ironsites... Been here since 2.75 and I aint goin' nowhere...

peachz

BANNED
Sep 7, 2001
Mmmm... zen....
Go inf! i've been a loyal infiltration member since 2.75 also, i can't wait to see what's in store. eat that 'already been shipped and no further improvements and if there are they still won't be as good as inf' stoopid clancy game!

inf forever! :cool:

Mr. HotDog

[Insert Text Here]
Apr 2, 2001
Visit site
I like them both.

GR has a very strong single player element. IMO INF has a stronger Multiplayer element than GR. I dont see why anyone has to choose between one or the other. Play both if you like. Thats what I do.

CatalystDM

Violator
Nov 12, 2001
Castlegar, BC
Ghost Recon looks gorgeous and has a strong single player element, yet i find Inf to be better overall -- i wonder if there will be a single player mode for Inf in the future? anyway, ill stick with Infiltration all the way

JonnyBoy

alive
Jun 6, 2000
Visit site
Originally posted by DallasStarsRule
Two clans in ilcr have dropped out already of the primary league in order to make time for Ghost Recon.

...:rolleyes:

yeah I know we(GHOST) dropped out...kinda sad but we liek GHOST recon...lots of them are leaving and not looking back but don't worry I ain't goin no where...been here since the unreal days(2.61) and leaving inf would be like forgetting my childhood. :D

see the problem is before ghost came to Infiltration(and before I came to GHOST) they were a HUGE rainbow six clan...they were actually the number one clan in the entire game. so when we found out that GR was coming out we all got a little antzy.

now as to why gat left...they just can't play anymore with us leaving :D

DallasStarsRule

Nov 7, 2001
Toronto
www.teammuf.com
LOL
Sorry to see ya'll leave ghost. I hope ghost recon turns out to be an elaborate virus and you coem back.
GAT hasnt left btw.
I was referring to RU486

GAT is just slowly disintegrating or something. 7 active members according to archangel. They still make matches but they dont practice much. Ghost recon i'm guessing.

Other Dave

Oct 4, 2001
Visit site
Originally posted by DallasStarsRule
GAT is just slowly disintegrating or something. 7 active members according to archangel. They still make matches but they dont practice much. Ghost recon i'm guessing.

Or maybe they just didn't make room for new blood...

Other Dave