Aksu

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

LordKhaine

I sing the body electric...
Dec 6, 1999
UK
Visit site
The kick was increased a lot from 2.80. That put off a lot of people at first, but lately a lot of people have started to use it again (me included :D). It kicks like a real bitch, but the huge power, cool sound, and massive clip size makes up for that. The Ak is the only gun you can really use to give some real suppresive fire.

A few bits of advice, stay close, keep the trigger down and fight that kick. Crouch or go prone when you can. The Iron sights suck for long range shooting, but upclose they are very nice. The AKMSU is a sledge hammer of a gun, so use it as such :)

RogueLeader

Tama-chan says, "aurf aurf aurf!"
Oct 19, 2000
Indiana. Kill me please.
It is realistic, firing a rifle round out of a barrel that short causes most of the muzzle blast to be outside the barrel, making the recoil pretty significant on that weapon. I also agree with Khaine, the iron sights on the AKSMU are not that easy to aim with with at long ranges, at least not as much as the MP5. If you want more info on weapons goto Inf Tactics.

LordKhaine

Dec 6, 1999
UK
Visit site
Thats a pretty damn good web site. If you're new to INF, (and even if you're not for that matter), you cant go wrong by checking out that site.

HanD_of_DarKNesS

Evil Bastard
May 23, 2000
Ottawa, ON (Canada)
The AKMSU is my favorite weapon currently in INF. I use it (equipped with 3 drum clips) almost all the time for short/medium range combat. It a VERY effective support weapon, and the large clip makes it a great alternative to the MP5/40 if you can handle the kick.

Until the M249 SAW makes it into the game, this will by far be the primary support and supression weapon in the game.

----------

And while we're pimping sites, if you want some more information on any of the INF weapons (present or future), you can also check out Real Life Gaming: INFILTRATION WEAPONS SECTION (though I'm no longer a part of the site, I did all the weapons pages :D ).

Sebu_NZ

Kalashnikov's Personal Pimp!
Dec 25, 2000
New Zealand
www.muttonbone.com
The good thing about the AKSMU is its Russian :D, seriosuly though you can just fire it wildly and the enemy is too scared to come out. Unless they catch onto that the fire is random and idoitic then they will snipe ya :)

Sebu_NZ

Kalashnikov's Personal Pimp!
Dec 25, 2000
New Zealand
www.muttonbone.com
Now why would you say that CS_Sucks?

The AKSMU is a sub-machine gun (well screw it SMG, Carbine what ever, lets say for today and this thread it can be called a SMG) and fills a role that no other could fill, a cheap, high capacity (when using drum) SMG also able to use as support fire (read spraying wildly :) )

Its a shame really the person with alot of the stroke around here, ShakKen, seems to be one of those French freaks
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

ahhh im kiddin' the FAMAS aint that bad, err better make that FAMAS owns my Russian ass
laugh.gif

peeww once again lived through another day of wild beatings from frenchy (read: ShakKen)

LordKhaine

Dec 6, 1999
UK
Visit site
I have got plenty of kills with an AKMSU. Just shoot as many half accurate shots as you can, you'll get kills in no time :)

Pleuresaap

Corporal Cock
Apr 18, 2001
up yours
Visit site
I've had 102 score on sicily with AKSMU. loaded with a few drums it really rules. who said m16 is too good :) it has recoil yes but i do not find that to be a problem. just pull down the mouse while firing. it works for me

LordKhaine

Dec 6, 1999
UK
Visit site
The AKMSU gets kills by volume of fire. Just hold the fire button down :D. I find its also good to stop firing for a second or two mid burst, that way people think you are reloading and walk out into you're fire.

Shag

Feb 9, 2001
The akmsu is also the best way to counter the Benelli, because you can start shooting before you round a corner. Once you get used to the recoil, it can be pretty effective medium range, especially in semi.

thornz

Inhuman...yes indeed
Dec 14, 1999
outer circle of hades
members.aol.com
i looove the ak, but I use every weapon so i'm not so biased.
if it had the 3 round burst, I think i'd probably only use it and nothing else. As it is, the power combined with the massive bullet count rules.

LordKhaine

Dec 6, 1999
UK
Visit site
I never use semi. On the M16 I always use burst (as its got such a tight spread semi really isnt needed). With the SIG I just use auto and control my bursts of fire. I also always use auto with the Mp5. And as for the AKMSU, semi is meant for long range fire, and if you're trying that with an AKMSU, you have the wrong gun:)

Shag

Feb 9, 2001
No way dude! Semi is handy dandy. Like lying down upstairs in Dockside, just pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop, almost as fast as auto, but controlled. I don't use it alot, but sometimes it's the perfect thing.